JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not the best weekend to be in the Desert but not the worst either.
Hopefully there will be a meeting of during your time hear.
I'm slowly building up immunity to the deserts defense mechanisms. It seems like the hotter it gets there are fewer irritating folk around.

I'd be there now but have a Montana hunting trip.
Summer in Montana can be lively with their sudden weather changes.

F Y I, We have had an offer to have BLM representatives attend our meeting. We would like to schedule a meeting soon, prior to that to see how everyone feels about that.
My feeling is that we are not there to hear what BLM feels they are providing but more to tell them how they have failed on their ranges, capabilities and safety, and failed to provide what we need as recreational desert shooters. I have the time and some resource to push this effort, I just want to make sure the effort represents the entire group, not just me and a couple friends.

I will keep everyone informed as we progress.

As long as they are in a communicative mood great.
If they are there to be able to say we met with the public and ignored them.
Satisfying the open meeting laws, but not the intent. Been to some of those and a lot of us got up and walked out. Back in the days Game and Fish would not listen to any words other that theirs as they knew best.

They already check that box a couple years ago before building the ranges. Yep, it was a box check, they ignored pretty much everything that was brought up.

Since they, they have worked with us on small items so far, but now we are on to the larger items.

..." tell them [BLM] how they have failed on their ranges, capabilities and safety, and failed to provide what we need as recreational desert shooters." I have the time and some resource to push this effort, I just want to make sure the effort represents the entire group, not just me and a couple friends.
I will keep everyone informed as we progress.

As one of the "group" currently loosely defined as this forum, I would like to 2nd ynotAZ's proposal.
It is in line with what I would expect.

I am member to a couple of gun clubs that provide decent services and safety for larger numbers of less educated guests.
However, I feel not being able to shoot in the desert is quite a loss. Often In order to gain experience and confidence with a particular firearm it is best or at lease preferred to be alone.

New Resource Reviews

Back Top