JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
We must always remember those who gave all, so that we can live free. Their sacrifice enables us to pursue our dreams. It is a debt that we can never repay, but they do not expect us to - they did it out of dedication to their country, and to their fellow citizens. Thank you to all those who paid the ultimate price.

Cemetery Flags.jpeg

Girl Headstone Memorial Day.png

I can't say if the picture with the little girl is posed or is phony in any way. I can say that the emotional pain is just slightly greater than is the physical pain of being hit by a bus. She looks just barely old enough to understand what death is.

I sometimes think about the sacrifices our military have made on the behalf of the American People. A veteran of the Afghanistan War with whom I once worked was injured when an IED exploded right close to him. The shockwave threw him around fifteen feet from where he was standing, and he landed hard against a Hummer or against an Abrams tank. I don't remember the exact specifics as to which vehicle it was, but I do remember he was so banged-up that he was evacuated back to the USA toot-sweet and spent the next ten months in a hospital. He was medically discharged, then being unable to execute the duties required of a soldier in 100% fightin' condition. He and I drove US Mail in 53-foot trailers, which is a pretty easy job. The mailcarts have wheels on them; no heavy lifting required. It was a good job for old and fat people like me or if you're an injured combat veteran who can still walk, but are always in pain.

Then there is my Uncle Frank, a World War II combat veteran. He told me that all the killing he did of young German boys-- boys just like him-- really got to him. Frank survived the war and built a successful life afterward. The German soldiers he killed never had futures, were never afforded the chance for a successful life and never got to enjoy a comfortable retirement. As a soldier, Frank's job was to kill the enemies of Freedom. He did so, but his conscience bothered him for the rest of his life. No good man wants to go to war to kill people. Any man who wants to go to war to kill another man shouldn't be in uniform...

Last Edited:

New Resource Reviews

Back Top