JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Agreed, Chev. When it became my time to swear the Oath my testicles evaporated, and I ran from the recruiting station like a little girl. I was certain that I'd bilge-out of Basic, after which the record of my life would forever show that I had failed in something that has been achieved by millions of 18 and 19 year-old kids for decades upon decades in American history. Those young men and women fought and died for me because I was too much of a tihsnekcihc to sign-up and become a man, myself.

Not going into the Navy in Fall 1976 was the greatest mistake I've ever made in my entire life. I'd have been retired on an O-6's pension since around 2000-2001. Moreover, my father would be proud of me. That's the greatest loss...

My Uncle Frank served. My Uncle Eddie served. My father served. My Cousin Kenny served. I ran away faster than Carl Lewis ran the 100-meter dash at the World Championships in 1991 at Tokyo, Japan...

Last Edited:

New Resource Reviews

Back Top