Welcome to Southwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

M855a1 ammo information?

Reactions
Does anyone know much about these? I was shooting these out of my mini14 yesterday and they did really well. For those that don't know, all mini14s with the exception of the target models are 5.56 chambered. I am curious about this round. Why is it so hard to come by?

20191013_193302.jpg

Reactions
Is the ammo Russian or Comm bloc? That bullet looks like the very sleek bullet used in ammo for the AK-74 rifle, which is .220" in diameter.

Reactions
. . . the tip is steel.
That's the kind of ammo that can/will start grassfires if it hits a rock or something that creates a spark. Illegal to use in Nevada, at least during the fire season. Many ranges do not allow its use entirely. The steel tip is said (or has been proven) to penetrate body aromor. Illegal to use just about everywhere except the south side of Chicago...

Reactions
YUP, M-855A1 steel core, usually shoots quite well, especially with the 1/8 and faster twist barrels! And yes, it can start fires if your not careful, I know this first hand, having set a fire after hitting a fence post in Central Europe! Took us a few hours to get the fire out! Even more rare is the A2 variant Hollow Points and the M-262 stuff, VERY accurate, but doesn't do very well in slow twists!

NEW CLASSIFIED ADS

LATEST REVIEWS

• Murphy's Guns and Gunsmithing
    2.00 star(s)
    I've purchased a total of 6 or 7 firearms from Murphy's, I think. In general, it's a normal gun shop. Some folks are nice, some ignore you, some...
    • mikemenzie
  • Arizona Firearms - Tempe
    5.00 star(s)
    I went there today to pick up a firearm and had a very good experience. I will shop there again.
    • MadDuner
    5.00 star(s)
    Every time I go in there I leave with what I needed and without feeling like my wallet was raped.
    • Mrjenkins
    5.00 star(s)
    Anyone in Phoenix area should check out Arizona Firearms on University and Priest. They have a big selection of firearms and have great prices.
    • JonathanB
  • Murphy's Guns and Gunsmithing
    5.00 star(s)
    When I go in I usually will watch and listen to employees before I choose which one to talk to. The good employees are great to talk with. The...
    • Gunsandgars