JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just wondering what everyone thinks of this pistol and the company that makes it. I like the way it looks - I've just never heard of the manufacturer before. Are they decent?? Better than Rock Island (I had a Rock Island 1911 before and wasn't too impressed with it). Let me know what you think.

The Company has been around for ever it seems, and had a fed duds over the years! For the asking price, NO way, you can get into a Colt for that!
As far as a bargain price/budget friendly 1911, it's hard to beat a Rock Island for over all value and performance, They have really stepped up the quality over the years and are very competitive in the 1911 market!

The Company has been around for ever it seems, and had a fed duds over the years! For the asking price, NO way, you can get into a Colt for that!
As far as a bargain price/budget friendly 1911, it's hard to beat a Rock Island for over all value and performance, They have really stepped up the quality over the years and are very competitive in the 1911 market!

These are not made by the Iver Johnson company of old, as far as I know - someone is licensing the name. I should have been clear that I can get one used for $600 (I already have a Colt).

I do not see the attraction for the price. If you are looking for serviceable then Taurus or High Point. Then take it to the Kerkote guy of your choice and do something custom on them.

I do not see the attraction for the price. If you are looking for serviceable then Taurus or High Point. Then take it to the Kerkote guy of your choice and do something custom on them.

The cerakote on that pistol would probably be a $300 job. I won't own a Taurus semi-automatic, and definitely not a Hi-Point. I stopped and looked at it today in person - there are several nicks in the cerakote, so I passed.

I have a high point .45 carbine. It is ugly and has never jammed. It handles everything I can load into the clip and is accurate. Considering that is was less than $300 I keep it ready for CQB along with the red laser on the barrel. If I needed to replace my car gun it would be a high point if I can get my hands around it. I do not like fat pistols. So much better than to lose my Luger, Remington 1911 (ww2) or my Walther PPKS. Thankfully there is a plethora of manufactures out there to satisfy our discerning needs/wants. May you find what you are looking for.

I have done a couple of Cerokote finishes. Around $150 if you disassemble.

FFA427E0-2B50-4A43-87E6-CC5720EB9FFA.jpeg 8C892343-973D-4300-A346-A8B5FF09A271.jpeg 006ED3BC-DEA3-4A85-99E4-CC361783AD5B.jpeg BEB1B8C0-4B8B-4894-96E1-8E5CABD26EDA.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top