JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So here are some old guns of mine....Thought some of y'all might be interested.
Andy

DSC06814.jpg

DSC06817.jpg
J.Henry Flintlock Trade Rifle .58 caliber circa 1800 - 1820's
Full maple stock and a octagonal barrel.
This rifle still gets shot and hunted with occasionally...
In fact I got my last elk with it.

DSC06619 (1).jpg

DSC06621 (1).jpg

DSC06622 (1).jpg

A St. Louis marked .50 caliber Percussion Plans Rifle made by F. E. Seiferth circa 1840 -1850
Walnut half stock with set triggers , gold bands near the breech and brass inlays and patch box
This also still gets shot a bit.

Last Edited:
DSC06789.jpg

DSC06796.jpg

DSC06808.jpg
Here is a Henry Leman Percussion Trade Rifle .50 caliber circa late 1830's - 1850's
If you look close you will see that the lock was converted from flint to percussion....
I think that this was done as the rifle was being made...not that the rifle started as a flint lock and converted later.

Leman often artificially striped his stocks...which is the case with this rifle.
Single trigger and brass furniture.
This Leman does get shot with at times.

DSC06557.jpg

DSC06560.jpg

A flintlock Fowler by G. Laloux.
Laloux was a Belgian maker and his company made guns from 1834 - 1920.
This one is in 20 gauge , still goes hunting and has gotten me grouse.
Andy

Sweet looking thunder sticks. Bit more than I want to deal with. I used to shoot clays with a guy that had a double barrel black powder 12 gauge. He was as good as I am with my Browning A5
Thanks for sharing

branch.jpg

I'd sort of like to have a flintlock just in case percussion caps were no longer available.
Same in a pistol, but the funds just aren't there. SOOOO all I can do is drool, and save up some more
#10 and 11 caps to fit my old CVA plains rifle in 45cal and my BP revolver a Remington 1858 replica in 36cal.
Can't shoot either one now it's fire season here in S Oregon and the grass is tinder dry. :(:eek:
Good seeing you are still active Andy, did you ever make it down to the Grants Pass BP shoot?
Gabby

Hey Look, an Old Rifle!
1596429419183.png
1596429447083.png
My Most favoriteist Rifle, the #1 choice for all hunting needs! She is still in her prime and can still dance with the latest and greatest! A 1895 Winchester in .30 U.S.1906 Take Down with the ultra rare and valuable Lyman #21 rear sight and matching Globe target front!

Was wondering how that was going. I have a buddy down here that says there are lots of jobs for older folks. He is over 70 and is sending out resumes after his heart surgery. He got laid off by his old company cause of Covid. He is recovering nicely. He is in sales and the electrical industry and has made some contacts with head hunters over the years. I never had any luck with them.
Speaking from experience the Phoenix area can be a hard place to get started. So many new people that will not stay the course. As you know it does get toasty up there. A couple of daily records so far this year just like Tucson. After all it is summer in the desert.
The municipalities usually have a plethora of openings. I tried to get into the City of Phoenix for 10 years. Always ran into equal opportunity issues. I am not.
If you have a degree, Honeywell, Google, SRP, APS, and the bloody university. I worked for ASU for almost 10 years. I as a joke applied to Cutler Hammer never figuring that they would hire me with out a degree. 50% raise and I walked away from the U. Much to their surprise.
Have you heard of CAP? Central Arizona Project.
Just suggestions from the cheap seats

Was wondering how that was going. I have a buddy down here that says there are lots of jobs for older folks. He is over 70 and is sending out resumes after his heart surgery. He got laid off by his old company cause of Covid. He is recovering nicely. He is in sales and the electrical industry and has made some contacts with head hunters over the years. I never had any luck with them.
Speaking from experience the Phoenix area can be a hard place to get started. So many new people that will not stay the course. As you know it does get toasty up there. A couple of daily records so far this year just like Tucson. After all it is summer in the desert.
The municipalities usually have a plethora of openings. I tried to get into the City of Phoenix for 10 years. Always ran into equal opportunity issues. I am not.
If you have a degree, Honeywell, Google, SRP, APS, and the bloody university. I worked for ASU for almost 10 years. I as a joke applied to Cutler Hammer never figuring that they would hire me with out a degree. 50% raise and I walked away from the U. Much to their surprise.
Have you heard of CAP? Central Arizona Project.
Just suggestions from the cheap seats

I've had three job offers. Turned two down. Have a second interview tomorrow for a PM job. Keep my fingers crossed if that doesn't work out I'll except the one I was offered this morning

Hey Look, Another Old Rifle!
A First series 1855 (SN- 432), Pre Civil War Colt/Root/ Pratt & Whitney Side Hammer Revolving Rifle in .50 Caliber complete with original oiler and matching cleaning/ram rod!
1596837770549.png
Not 100% original, but an excellent slightly modified example of the working mans rifle!
Missing the original rear sight, and the front is modified, and the for arm stock is gone, still, it's rare, and it's got class, and it's still a shooter!
New stocks, and period sights are in the works for this piece of history! It's now the oldest Firearm I own, and just became my most treasured!
1596838402152.png
1596838949169.png

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top