Guns and Medical Marijuana

Discussion in 'Firearm Laws & Legal' started by billt, Dec 1, 2017.

1. billt

billt
    Glendale, Arizona

I understand and believe all you have said. However it changes nothing in regards to it's legality at the Federal level.

Hook686 and joken like this.
  2. nmwabbit

nmwabbit
    abq

you'al have chased the subject around the palm trees to the point it is about to turn into ghee...
    couple of points to consider:
    1. illegal
    a. which means can't buy firearms if you admit you use or have a card on the 4473.
    b. those that sell in their states are not permitted to put their proceeds into any federal banking institution.
    c. get caught carrying under the substance influence or use your firearm in a SD situation your do do is really in a wringer.
    d. can't cross state lines w/your legal substance.
    2. this country's war on drugs has been going on 51 years and not one iota has been accomplished!
    3. one country in this world has legalized their substances and taxable monies goes to rehab...their experiment has been quite successful.
    4. this country's substance abuse mental health intervention modalities are a joke with successfully recidivism across the board runs at about 5-8 percent. myriad of reasons, main one centers around an inability to change the abuser's environment where they return back to the same stressors and 'friends' who are selling and main reason...abusers do not wish to quit as there is no incentive except to satisfy the judicial oversight after they got caught.

eh, that's enough

curtmini14 and Joe Link like this.
  3. LVLouisCyphre

LVLouisCyphre
    Southern Nevada

It's unfortunately illegal Federally. Until it's taken off of CSA Schedule I, you have a choice of either not using it or possibly getting charged Federally for violating the GCA of 1968 if you're caught or it shows up in a drug report/tox screen expect to have all of your licenses and permits revoked along with your firearms possibly confiscated.

4. billdeserthill

billdeserthill
    Cave Creek, AZ

I'll believe it when I see it happen,
    in the meanwhile my bro has a medical marijuana card and a ccw.

Far as 'lying' on the 4473 form, I have 2 priors, so I already have to lie everytime I fill out the form or I don't get a gun anyway

Medical marijuana is already legal in 33 states & soon as the politicians see how much easy tax money they can get, recreational will be following right along behind

5. billt

billt
    Glendale, Arizona

It's already happening. You have to remember, the same progressive liberals who are pushing for legalizing pot, along with, "Medical Marijuana", are also the very same people who are pushing for more gun control. With this type of behavior they kill 2 birds with one stone. And the people are dumb enough to play right into their hand. You can't be, "a little bit progressive", anymore than you can be, "a little bit pregnant".

Medical pot users with guns target of DEA raids

Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
  6. LVLouisCyphre

LVLouisCyphre
    Southern Nevada

I renewed my Utah CFP instructor certification last May. One of the instructors who is a Utah DPS agent told the instructor class I attended that they get a stack of Utah CFP apps with people copying their medical MJ cards with their State issued driver license or ID card. Obviously, they get denied for their Utah CFP.

We have a medical MJ confidentiality statute here in Nevada. Nevada LEOs cannot access the medical MJ database so if you follow "don't ask, don't tell" it won't affect your Nevada CFP. However, if BATFE or the FBI looks into it and find a hit, you get red flagged in NICS and lose your FFL if you have one and also lose your CCWs.

Since medical and recreational MJ is legal in Nevada, there's not much point in getting a medical MJ card now. However, if you're caught with MJ in your system by law enforcement, you will lose your firearms and CCWs. It has happened here and in Utah.

7. billdeserthill

billdeserthill
    Cave Creek, AZ

I'm not aware of it happening here in AZ, anyhow I'm self-employed so unless I get a dui I have little to worry about

8. curtmini14

curtmini14
    sedona az

they now have enough laws that if they want your guns thell just take them.this is just a formality at best.

billdeserthill likes this.
  9. nvshooter

nvshooter
    Nevada

My good friend JR got a marijuana card, I think to use the CDB oil for his body pains. Or maybe it had to do with his eyes. When he saw that the Form 4473 asks about marijuana use he took the card back, got off the list and gave-up any ideas about using the stuff in any manner. Me? I have never used any illicit drug of any sort. My parents made sure of that when I was a kid growin' up. Never been arrested, either. I owe my parents more than I can ever repay them for what they did for me, and for what they taught me...

10. billdeserthill

billdeserthill
    Cave Creek, AZ

Good news is hemp products are now legal and CBD from hemp is supposed to be very good for pain and other health issues

11. nvshooter

nvshooter
    Nevada

I'd have to verify that to be sure under USDOT's regulations for any use of marijuana and products derived therefrom. I'd love to find something effective and inexpensive for my perpetual body pains, especially those in my lower back. Too many aspirins or ibuprofens overly thin my blood, and I get frequent and voluminous nosebleeds. I need something, but I doubt what I need is derived from marijuana...

12. billdeserthill

billdeserthill
    Cave Creek, AZ

You might be surprised like the many who have already discovered marijuana does help with their health concern. Personally, I like opiates for pain--they don't affect my high blood pressure and they work fast & predictably. Fortunately over the years I've put some away for myself.
    If you find yourself in Canada you can buy over the counter Tylenol #1 or 222's, both contain 1mg codeine per serving--they really knock out my headaches. Don't forget to tell the border patrol these meds are for your own use

13. billdeserthill

billdeserthill
    Cave Creek, AZ

Nice thing about the black market, they won't judge you for using cbd for your pain--seem much more tolerant than the athoritarians in our gov't who couldn't care less about your pain
    I've used Emu 420 Essentials 50mg CBD oil www.cannariginals.com
    on some of my aches & pains. It doesn't work on every pain, but on the pain it does work on, it works 100% of the time. I have a friend who uses it on her back--she can't afford to piss dirty and the oil used topically will never dirty a urine test
    the amount needed is so small it is amazing

Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
  14. Havasutom

Havasutom
    Lake Havasu City, AZ

15. nvshooter

nvshooter
    Nevada

I'd really like to use something that would relieve the pain in my lower back. I get this nearly-debilitating pain in the soft tissue of my lower back, on either side of my spine. On some days, I can barely walk. Would love to find something that can be rubbed on and have it work for me all day. Acetaminophen gives me nosebleeds that make the Johnstown Flood look like a trickle. I've had them flow like the Mississippi for nearly an hour. Ibuprofen requires me to carry a plumbed-in toilet with me, so that's out. As a trucker, I dare not try any marijuana product or any product derived from marijuana. I won't go through the bother to get Hydrocodone, so that's out. Looks like I'm condemned to hurt forever and will have to learn to like it...

16. targetshooter

targetshooter
    So. AZ

I'm not a trucker, but believe me I feel your pain. Had spinal fusion almost 20 tears ago, and still get the pains on one or both sides. Cant deal with opioids, nor ibuprofen/acetaminophen, etc.
    For the past few years have been getting either steroids (right side, last from 3 to 6 months) or RFA (RADIO FREQUENCY ABLATION, fry the nerve endings) which last about 6 to 8 months or longer, but take a month to kick in).
    Neither is 100% effective, but any little bit helps. Point well taken, its a pain that aint going away, so may as well get used to it.

17. billdeserthill

billdeserthill
    Cave Creek, AZ

Have you tried Diclofenac?
    If you wanna try something natural, Turmeric capsules Turmeric Benefits that Beat Medications?
    Using the spice Turmeric won't do much, you need to get the capsules from a health store. They are used by many for pain/swelling/inflammation. All the things I have mentioned are considered blood thinners and shouldn't be taken with blood pressure meds