JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I remember when a lot of young people started pushing for this here in Arizona. I said to many of them who I was working with at the time, you would have to be a fool to admit you're a pot user. Let alone admit it by applying for a card so you could purchase a substance that is, banned by Federal Law in all 50 states. Now we see what the results of that can be. And Hawaii isn't the first. It's right on the 4473 Form every time you purchase a gun.

Anyone who is foolish enough to advertise you are using a controlled substance, that is banned by Federal Law, by carrying around a card YOU applied for that PROVES you are, is now going to start systematically losing their gun rights, and their guns, under the Second Amendment. Hawaii is only the first, because they are one of the most liberal. You can bet others will follow. Liberal Democrats LOVE the idea of gun confiscation. Always have. They only needed a legal method to accomplish it. Not they've got one. All these millennial idiots who so love to blaze up, now can celebrate their "victory" with, "Medical Marijuana". And at the same time, hand over their guns on a silver platter. I hope it was worth it. And the dumbing down of America continues.

Honolulu Police Dept. to Pot Smokers: 'You Have 30 Days to Turn over Your Guns' - GunsAmerica Digest

Yeah, they came up with a nice little catch-22 there.

The pot smoking millennials probably don't care about guns or losing their 2nd amendment rights, because they've already been absolutely brainwashed by the established leftist indoctrination program that is our public education system. Those idiots are lost forever. There's no hope for them. They are a lost cause and of no concern to me. I honestly do not care what happens to them in the slightest.

My concern IS for the peolple who actually DO NEED some relief from their medical issues, whether it's straight-up debilitating pain or help with cancer treatments. THOSE people are being forced to give up their 2nd amendment rights to maintain what in many cases IS a necessary form of treatment. If medical marijuana works better than Opoids, I would say it's a better choice. Are these people to be stripped of the right to self-defense because some leftist zealots are able to force them to make a choice between making it through their cancer treatments or maintaining their rights?

Yeah, they came up with a nice little catch-22 there.

The pot smoking millennials probably don't care about guns or losing their 2nd amendment rights, because they've already been absolutely brainwashed by the established leftist indoctrination program that is our public education system. Those idiots are lost forever. There's no hope for them. They are a lost cause and of no concern to me. I honestly do not care what happens to them in the slightest.

My concern IS for the peolple who actually DO NEED some relief from their medical issues, whether it's straight-up debilitating pain or help with cancer treatments. THOSE people are being forced to give up their 2nd amendment rights to maintain what in many cases IS a necessary form of treatment. If medical marijuana works better than Opoids, I would say it's a better choice. Are these people to be stripped of the right to self-defense because some leftist zealots are able to force them to make a choice between making it through their cancer treatments or maintaining their rights?

How can you propose that no one who uses weed is subject to changes in attitude or composure that can be caused by weed OR SOMETHING THATS BEEN PUT INTO IT? Yeah, its relatively tame stuff, but so is beer and booze until you have too much, or mix it, or drink stuff that's too strong. I'm sure you support drinking!

I don't think the subject is cut and dried, and I'm more concerned about those WHO DON'T NEED IT but complain that their state government allows it.

I think that people with legitimate reasons should have controlled access. But what about those that don't have enough control! What about someone who has a severe attack of PTSD who goes off? What will be the reaction then?

But it should be restricted to medical use ONLY, and improper prescribing should be met with VERY HARSH results, and ZERO TOLERANCE for recreational use, including LOSS OF 2ND AMENDMENT RIGHTS. If you commit a crime you should lose some of your rights anyway, RIGHT?

I M H O ! ! !

I don't propose anything.

Just like alcohol changes attitude and composure - you're not supposed to go shooting when drunk either.

I just don't think a Constitutional Right should be taken from people that easily. If somebody isn't committing a crime - they shouldn't be penalized for committing a crime either. Whether it's from hollier than though Right Wing types or the Anti-Gun Zealot Leftists who are looking for any chance to screw anybody they can out of their 2A rights - this fight needs to go to the courts to get settled. If cannibas oil is a beneficial drug for people suffering from illnesses that are beyond the sufferer's control - it should be treated as a controlled substance and removed from the "recreational use" mindset that has people so against it to begin with.

And no, I don't have any use for Cannibas or Pot. But I do know people who HAVE benefitted from it in coping with their illnesses or treatments of those illnesses. I don't think a blanket condemnation is warranted.

I don't propose anything.

Just like alcohol changes attitude and composure - you're not supposed to go shooting when drunk either.

I just don't think a Constitutional Right should be taken from people that easily. If somebody isn't committing a crime - they shouldn't be penalized for committing a crime either. Whether it's from hollier than though Right Wing types or the Anti-Gun Zealot Leftists who are looking for any chance to screw anybody they can out of their 2A rights - this fight needs to go to the courts to get settled. If cannibas oil is a beneficial drug for people suffering from illnesses that are beyond the sufferer's control - it should be treated as a controlled substance and removed from the "recreational use" mindset that has people so against it to begin with.

And no, I don't have any use for Cannibas or Pot. But I do know people who HAVE benefitted from it in coping with their illnesses or treatments of those illnesses. I don't think a blanket condemnation is warranted.

Well, to keep the aim straight, I guess we should prevent drinkers from buying guns, too!

I agree a Constitutional right shouldn't be taken away haphazardly, but at the same time someone who cant control themselves shouldn't arbitrarily have access to Dangerous Weapons.

I hope you're not accusing me of being a RIGHT WING ZEALOT: i'm definitely not. But I am disgusted by the ways that some of these nut bars are allowed to get guns and do so much damage. As I said earlier, if someone should have medical weed, they should have it, not the millennial half baked idiots who think its their right to get stoned for no reason other than they got participation trophies when they were kids.

And in fact, if it goes to the wrong courts more people will get screwed again and again, like the 9th Circuit. I think many of us know people who've benefitted, but most also know goobers and goodballs who USE AND ABUSE and shouldn't be allowed to have aspirin much less anything stronger.

Like I said - criminals have no use or regard for laws. It's up to the law enforcers to figure out who's breaking those laws and make them pay for their crimes. The skinny jeans millennial idiots don't want or care about guns anyway.

I wasn't calling you a Right Wing Zealot. I was calling out the fact that medical marijuana is a political football that both sides of the aisle are fighting over and they don't care how many people get hurt in the process.

Marijuana use is being used by demoncrat politicians just like welfare and free everything. Marijuana use is federally restricted and should be enforced by the feds. The first step should be to bust the state leaders who subborn the law to capture votes. California and Colorado and others have enough illegals and non-registered voters to make enough noise to force left wing legislators to acquiesce. The feds should file charges against the state governors, jail them, and/or remove federal aid of ANY KIND to states, whether they be self proclaimed SANCTUARY CITIES OR NOT.

Marijuana use is being used by demoncrat politicians just like welfare and free everything. Marijuana use is federally restricted and should be enforced by the feds. The first step should be to bust the state leaders who subborn the law to capture votes. California and Colorado and others have enough illegals and non-registered voters to make enough noise to force left wing legislators to acquiesce. The feds should file charges against the state governors, jail them, and/or remove federal aid of ANY KIND to states, whether they be self proclaimed SANCTUARY CITIES OR NOT.

Well, the LAST regime in the White House did everthing they could to turn a blind eye to enforcing immigration laws while also doing their very best to help the states do what they wanted with Pot. Again, the Feds need to ENFORCE THE LAWS that are on the books. This "sanctuary city" crap has to end.

Well it seems like we're not talking about the last regime any more, we're not talking about immigration, so to get back to the topic, and you keep repeating yourself , and me.

I think we've beaten this to death, at least in our opinions.

it should be treated like booze.you cant approve something then decide who can have it.and since it was approved they screwed themselfs. and since rich people do not have to obey any laws why the hell should we.a week in rehab should not exempt one from lawfull punishment right.we watch how many famous folks caught with drugs or on drugs get away without lawfull pros all the time.so until the law works the same for everyone i think we should be stoned.

you and i both know that.since they opened pandoras box what the hell can we do about it.either the drug lords make money or our corrupt goverment makes money whats your choice its way to late to stop it.the verde valley is the mj capitol of az.theres a lot of money being spent here jobs building,stores money that would be going to the cartels.

wow, you've got this habit of making a lot of accusations and claims with no factual information, just pure speculation. If youre asking the question, i'd rather that money be made by the legal growers and dispensers of weed, just like pharma companies and CVS/WALGREEN, etc.

If you cant deal with that, sorry, but not really. People elect corrupt politicians who keep on skimming off the top. But it doesn't make it okay to let a-- h---s get their hands on it unless legally necessary. Theres no way you can justify the cartels getting ANY money, NO WAY NO HOW. And theres no way you can justify politicians getting their fingers in the cookie jar, NO WAY NO HOW.

IN THE MEANTIME, its really not acceptable to glorify the illegal traffic in a regulated herb. PERIOD. I M H O , NO WAY NO HOW

Society is being downgraded fast enough in this country. Legalizing pot will only make it happen faster. NOTHING good has ever happened to anyone under the influence of pot. They never graduated with higher marks. They never got a better job. It's never improved anyone's marriage. It's never made anyone drive a car, or operate a machine better or safer. On the other hand, it has destroyed a lot of those things. Legalizing it will only accelerate this path of lazy, worthless destruction. Anyone who doesn't see that is either blind, stupid, or else doesn't want to. The last thing the United States needs now are more ways for it's citizens to get wasted. They're wasted enough when they're sober. Today's SAT scores prove it.

Society is being downgraded fast enough in this country. Legalizing pot will only make it happen faster. NOTHING good has ever happened to anyone under the influence of pot. They never graduated with higher marks. They never got a better job. It's never improved anyone's marriage. It's never made anyone drive a car, or operate a machine better or safer. On the other hand, it has destroyed a lot of those things. Legalizing it will only accelerate this path of lazy, worthless destruction. Anyone who doesn't see that is either blind, stupid, or else doesn't want to. The last thing the United States needs now are more ways for it's citizens to get wasted. They're wasted enough when they're sober. Today's SAT scores prove it.

What you say is really not true, people can already get as wasted as they want on alcohol, I know I did when I was young. You should really examine the whole 'blood in the streets' panic speak, because I find that it often is used to help cover large untruths. Defunding the cartels is the smart thing to do. Of course I would prefer all victimless crimes be considered to be civil infractions, at worst--but nobody has accused me of common sense lately...How is that prostitution thing going, are the police gonna put that out of business soon too?

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Sandy, UT

New Resource Reviews

Back Top