JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What you say is really not true, people can already get as wasted as they want on alcohol, I know I did when I was young. You should really examine the whole 'blood in the streets' panic speak, because I find that it often is used to help cover large untruths. Defunding the cartels is the smart thing to do. Of course I would prefer all victimless crimes be considered to be civil infractions, at worst--but nobody has accused me of common sense lately...How is that prostitution thing going, are the police gonna put that out of business soon too?

It's not only true, it's fact. Just because we already have the available means to get drunk and stupid, doesn't mean we need more. Alcohol already destroys thousands of families every year. And costs taxpayers millions of dollars in uninsured health care costs. In spite of that your attitude is, "Why not have a few more drugs available?" That's stupid. Nothing good ever came out of a bottle of booze.... Or a joint. And it's not, "blood in the streets". It's common sense. Then again, as you have just proven, common sense isn't so common any more.

It's not only true, it's fact. Just because we already have the available means to get drunk and stupid, doesn't mean we need more. Alcohol already destroys thousands of families every year. And costs taxpayers millions of dollars in uninsured health care costs. In spite of that your attitude is, "Why not have a few more drugs available?" That's stupid. Nothing good ever came out of a bottle of booze.... Or a joint. And it's not, "blood in the streets". It's common sense. Then again, as you have just proven, common sense isn't so common any more.

All the drugs are available now--Some may be only found in the Black Market, but that doesn't change the fact that they are available. Keep talking to yourself until You have been convinced that just because something is 'against the law' that makes it unavailable. Criminals don't consult the law before committing their special crime.

All the drugs are available now--Some may be only found in the Black Market, but that doesn't change the fact that they are available. Keep talking to yourself until You have been convinced that just because something is 'against the law' that makes it unavailable. Criminals don't consult the law before committing their special crime.

Perhaps we should make murder and theft legal as well. They do it now, and the current laws obviously aren't stopping them. We have more people in jail than any other country. So why not let them all out and make it all legal? As you say, "Criminals don't consult the law before committing their special crime". Why not expand on that premise? Besides, we all agree there is too much government.

So you just want to accept it and do nothing about it? Or are you supporting the BAD GUYS? Just let them get away with it, is that your attitude?

Are You talking about these 'bad guys' who are part of the backbone of this country? Lots of folks use illegal/illicit substances and have been since the beginning of time--That's cause those very substances are often derived from plants, just like the medicines that keep folks alive in & out of the hospital.

Do You also think prostitution should be illegal?
Isn't it stupid to think folks will quit committing 'victimless crimes' and even stupider for the gov't to be punishing those same folks for doing something as old as civilization, instead of simply legalizing and taxing these victimless crimes?

BTW if I was "supporting the bad guys" I wouldn't be encouraging the gov't to "legalize victimless crimes" and tax the crap outta them, now would I?

Perhaps we should make murder and theft legal as well. They do it now, and the current laws obviously aren't stopping them. We have more people in jail than any other country. So why not let them all out and make it all legal? As you say, "Criminals don't consult the law before committing their special crime". Why not expand on that premise? Besides, we all agree there is too much government.

I was actually joking about this same type topic with a friend tonight. Yes, why don't We legalize all the stupid things humans are well known to do, instead of a jail sentence for murdering someone, why not just make it a huge fine? That way the gov't can just charge the killer with 'failure to procure death license'. Last I checked this was supposed to be a 'capitalist country' --- anyone notice that colorado has taken in an additional $300 million+ in addition to their other tax dollars? That could make life measurably better for the residents and interestingly enough the black market take is now smaller in colorado, which is good for the crime rate, as stoners don't commit much crime--It's the black market that does that

..... anyone notice that colorado has taken in an additional $300 million+ in addition to their other tax dollars?

Yes, Colorado. It's good you brought it up. It appears even their uber liberal Democratic governor doesn't share your ideas on the wonderfulness of legalized pot.

Governor: Legalizing pot was bad idea

Gov. John Hickenlooper: 'Think twice' before legalizing pot if you're trying to lure businesses

Marijuana devastated Colorado, don't legalize it nationally

I was actually joking about this same type topic with a friend tonight. Yes, why don't We legalize all the stupid things humans are well known to do, instead of a jail sentence for murdering someone, why not just make it a huge fine? That way the gov't can just charge the killer with 'failure to procure death license'. Last I checked this was supposed to be a 'capitalist country' --- anyone notice that colorado has taken in an additional $300 million+ in addition to their other tax dollars? That could make life measurably better for the residents and interestingly enough the black market take is now smaller in colorado, which is good for the crime rate, as stoners don't commit much crime--It's the black market that does that

Actually Colorado will spend that 300 mil to pay for the higher rates of crimes! They are already overwhelmed with homeless, and unemployable people moving into the state. Their rangers and Leos, are being overtaxed with people illegally camping and trashing their forest lands. And with them come the needles, and meth labs!

The people who regulate Pot sales have geared the system not to allow recreational use , but to maximise profits.
I don't care much one way or the other if its legal or not. I just think States should not get to pick and choose what Federal laws they will abide by and the Federal Gov should not be able to decide if they will enforce the law or turn a blind eye!

If It becomes legal, it should be because we voted to change the federal laws. Not because we can pick and choose what laws we will obey. DR

Actually Colorado will spend that 300 mil to pay for the higher rates of crimes! They are already overwhelmed with homeless, and unemployable people moving into the state. Their rangers and Leos, are being overtaxed with people illegally camping and trashing their forest lands. And with them come the needles, and meth labs!

The people who regulate Pot sales have geared the system not to allow recreational use , but to maximise profits.
I don't care much one way or the other if its legal or not. I just think States should not get to pick and choose what Federal laws they will abide by and the Federal Gov should not be able to decide if they will enforce the law or turn a blind eye!

If It becomes legal, it should be because we voted to change the federal laws. Not because we can pick and choose what laws we will obey. DR

Unfortunately Our elected don't seem to wish to change the law, or even do their jobs in a competent manner. In fact as I remember it, the state of Arizona has now had the people vote to approve marijuana use 3 times--Our elected just aren't interested in doing the will of the majority.

Anyhow the CLEO is allowed to kick federal law enforcement out of his county anytime he wishes--

Unfortunately Our elected don't seem to wish to change the law, or even do their jobs in a competent manner. In fact as I remember it, the state of Arizona has now had the people vote to approve marijuana use 3 times--Our elected just aren't interested in doing the will of the majority.

Anyhow the CLEO is allowed to kick federal law enforcement out of his county anytime he wishes--

First off, they're not "allowed" to do it. ALL Federal law supersedes state law. Everywhere, all the time. And do you really think Arizona local law enforcement is going to get into a shooting war with the DEA over pot? The fact is Marijuana is just as illegal in states who have "legalized" it, as it is anywhere else. These states like California, Colorado, and Washington are getting away with "legalizing" pot, only because the Federal government is choosing, (at this time), to not prosecute them for doing it.

If they, (the Feds), chose to, they could raid every, "Medical Marijuana" pot shop in the country, and arrest the owners, and confiscate every ounce of what they're selling. The only reason it's not happening is politics. Politics is not the best friend when it comes to insuring making your living and staying out of jail.

Arizona is ignoring the vote of the people on these stupid, "Medical Marijuana" referendums, because they carry absolutely no legal authority. Citizens cannot "vote" to disobey Federal law. They can work within the same laws to try to change it at the Federal level. Until they do, all of these "Medical Marijuana" cards, along with the cities and states who issued them, aren't worth the paper they're printed on. You may not like or agree with that. But those are the legal facts.

Personally, I'm seeing zero advantage in Arizona disregarding Federal law, just so a few pot heads that live in this state can blaze up. I don't care how many of them there are. They can move to Colorado if they feel that strongly about it. That state is being overrun with bums and transients sleeping on their streets. All so they can buy and smoke pot. We've got enough social crap in this state already. We don't need more.

First off, they're not "allowed" to do it. ALL Federal law supersedes state law. Everywhere, all the time. And do you really think Arizona local law enforcement is going to get into a shooting war with the DEA over pot? The fact is Marijuana is just as illegal in states who have "legalized" it, as it is anywhere else. These states like California, Colorado, and Washington are getting away with "legalizing" pot, only because the Federal government is choosing, (at this time), to not prosecute them for doing it.

If they, (the Feds), chose to, they could raid every, "Medical Marijuana" pot shop in the country, and arrest the owners, and confiscate every ounce of what they're selling. The only reason it's not happening is politics. Politics is not the best friend when it comes to insuring making your living and staying out of jail.

Arizona is ignoring the vote of the people on these stupid, "Medical Marijuana" referendums, because they carry absolutely no legal authority. Citizens cannot "vote" to disobey Federal law. They can work within the same laws to try to change it at the Federal level. Until they do, all of these "Medical Marijuana" cards, along with the cities and states who issued them, aren't worth the paper they're printed on. You may not like or agree with that. But those are the legal facts.

Personally, I'm seeing zero advantage in Arizona disregarding Federal law, just so a few pot heads that live in this state can blaze up. I don't care how many of them there are. They can move to Colorado if they feel that strongly about it. That state is being overrun with bums and transients sleeping on their streets. All so they can buy and smoke pot. We've got enough social crap in this state already. We don't need more.

One of the things I like about AZ, is their State politicians have over and over moved to follow the law "As Written".

On immigration Az is making the Feds do their job, Where here in CA they are looking at every way to impede the feds. DR

Colorado turned what was essentially a 'black market' into 300 Million in taxes--
Blind people can't see, and unfortunately that has nothing to do with them 'looking'. You and others can deny the truth as much as you want, but the black market in Arizona is just as strong as it is in other places. Tell me how those laws against other 'victimless' crimes are working out for ya?

Have You seen a stop to prostitution yet?

Colorado turned what was essentially a 'black market' into 300 Million in taxes--
Blind people can't see, and unfortunately that has nothing to do with them 'looking'. You and others can deny the truth as much as you want, but the black market in Arizona is just as strong as it is in other places. Tell me how those laws against other 'victimless' crimes are working out for ya?

Have You seen a stop to prostitution yet?

I'm not "denying" anything. And legalizing Marijuana is not "victimless". Far from it. Your point is moot because this supposed $300 million comes at a tremendous price. Transients and homeless pouring into the city. Property crimes increasing to levels never before seen.

"Colorado has seen an increase in marijuana related traffic deaths, poison control calls, and emergency room visits. The marijuana black market has increased in Colorado, not decreased. And, numerous Colorado marijuana regulators have been indicted for corruption".

Now, does that remotely sound like "victimless" to you? Only if your blind. The problem with people like yourself, is you think there is no downside to this kind of crap. There is, and it is severe. Colorado's own governor believes it's been a huge mistake legalizing Marijuana. And he is not alone. He is just not as blind as you are to the actual truth and consequence's of this stuff.

John Hickenlooper: Legalizing pot in Colorado was 'a bad idea'

I'm not "denying" anything. And legalizing Marijuana is not "victimless". Far from it. Your point is moot because this supposed $300 million comes at a tremendous price. Transients and homeless pouring into the city. Property crimes increasing to levels never before seen.

"Colorado has seen an increase in marijuana related traffic deaths, poison control calls, and emergency room visits. The marijuana black market has increased in Colorado, not decreased. And, numerous Colorado marijuana regulators have been indicted for corruption".

Now, does that remotely sound like "victimless" to you? Only if your blind. The problem with people like yourself, is you think there is no downside to this kind of crap. There is, and it is severe. Colorado's own governor believes it's been a huge mistake legalizing Marijuana. And he is not alone. He is just not as blind as you are to the actual truth and consequence's of this stuff.

John Hickenlooper: Legalizing pot in Colorado was 'a bad idea'

Yeah, it's such a 'bad idea' that California just legalized recreational marijuana and freed 500,000 people from jail--Looks like it just depends on which 'news' you read as to how successful it is

Yeah, it's such a 'bad idea' that California just legalized recreational marijuana and freed 500,000 people from jail--Looks like it just depends on which 'news' you read as to how successful it is

So you are resorting to trying to make your argument by quoting what California does both politically and judicially. The most dysfunctional state in the union. Yeah, that makes sense. :confused:

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Sandy, UT

New Resource Reviews

Back Top