JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Need ear and eye protection.
Don't flinch and drop the muzzle down after each shot.
You'll get the hang of it with good habits and practice.
Absolutely correct! And that is why I've said before that keeping in mind and sticking to the fundamentals will help develop good shooting habits. With those and "practice, practice, practice" one can develop into a good shooter. Which is another reason I strongly support new shooters getting a .22LR single shot or bolt action rifle as well as an old fashioned .22LR wheelgun - A fun, unstressful, enjoyable way to learn and practice fundamentals while developing good habits make for good shooters (usually!). Since the cost of 22LR is an order of magnitude cheaper than 9mm, i.e. $1-2 vs. $10-20 makes practicing with 22LR the far easier and less expensive way to become a good shooter. dangerranger actually watched the video and provided some accurate posture pointers as well as an excellent drill that actually teaches one to relax and concentrate (not mutually exclusive) while firing. Soon enough it will become second nature.
My wife actually started off with that same posture that I see so often (and SO WRONG!) in many new shooter videos. I "mansplained" to her that "The gun is not going to attack you, so what are you afraid of - Don't back away from it, push into it like YOU'RE the boss and you know it!" The stance should be balanced like a boxer, a fighter, a Kung Fu master, relaxed like Bruce Lee in a fight...

Last Edited:
When funds permit, pick up a Taurus TX22. They usually run about $250.00 to $280.00 - ish.

All the functions and controls will be similar to your Canik and will allow you to practice and develop good fundamentals without breaking the ammo bank.

1705532225472.png

New Resource Reviews

Back Top