JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Browning 308 long range stalker with a UTG 4-16 44mm.

09156C21-7878-4796-87D3-45E232965165.jpeg

The trick to the Leatherwood scopes is the Auto range, some folks just cant wrap their heads around the concept and the fact it's tied to the zoom, so you cant zoom in and expect to shoot. its a function of how they work! Not for every one, but for those who can use them, there is no better optic with Auto rangeing, and they have three pre sets for different ballistics , or even three different rifles!

Another neato shooting tool for scopes is to use a Cold Shot scope base like I have on my TRG-42 I posted, this takes allows the full range of a scoped internal dope to be used, adn if more is needed, the base can extend that to what ever you need

The trick to the Leatherwood scopes is the Auto range, some folks just cant wrap their heads around the concept and the fact it's tied to the zoom, so you cant zoom in and expect to shoot. its a function of how they work! Not for every one, but for those who can use them, there is no better optic with Auto rangeing, and they have three pre sets for different ballistics , or even three different rifles!

That is why it would be perfect for a 17HMR.

I will toss my 2 cents worth in......

A lot depends on what you want to spend so asking what the best long range scope is can get you a lot of answers. My choice at this moment is the Vortex Razor HD Gen II 4.5-27. They are expensive but you get a FFP scope with a Christmas tree style reticle in either MOA or Mil with locking turrets and a cool second rotation indicator. They are heavy but I don't see any reason that a long range gun wouldn't be heavy anyway.

I will toss my 2 cents worth in......

A lot depends on what you want to spend so asking what the best long range scope is can get you a lot of answers. My choice at this moment is the Vortex Razor HD Gen II 4.5-27. They are expensive but you get a FFP scope with a Christmas tree style reticle in either MOA or Mil with locking turrets and a cool second rotation indicator. They are heavy but I don't see any reason that a long range gun wouldn't be heavy anyway.

I have always wanted to try that scope? Do you love it or do you LOVE IT? Curious because it is an expensive scope but you can also get a Leupold for that price.

New Resource Reviews

Back Top