JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Somebody wrote a good question in comments section under this video.
"... Would you be prosecuted in the U.S. For doing this since the robber was no longer a threat..."
[appologies if this isn't exact quote]
My answer would sadly be, it depends on which jurisdiction your in. State laws and judicial opinions vary so much.

I feel it's a long stretch to say the threat is neutralized here with robber focused on picking up the loot. You don't know if he's going to be content with that and spare your life. Anybody wanna take that chance?

There's also question of innocent bystanders getting hit. Fortunately it doesn't seem any were. That's almost certain to come up in an American court.

The shooter here was an off duty policeman which makes a BIG difference in most countries. I lived in the Carribean for 20+ years and made frequent shopping trips to Venesuela where things were cheap. Law enforcement has an entirely different flavor there. Once saw cop in unmarked car lean out of window and fire 5 shots into the air to pull a guy over.

In life or death situation I'm gonna be far more concerned about surviving than what someone in a black bathrobe has to say about it. Plenty more commentary that can be made but I'm leaving it at that.

Somebody wrote a good question in comments section under this video.
"... Would you be prosecuted in the U.S. For doing this since the robber was no longer a threat..."
[appologies if this isn't exact quote]
My answer would sadly be, it depends on which jurisdiction your in. State laws and judicial opinions vary so much.

I agree here. Sadly in places like California, New York, and Illinois you would be prosecuted in a heartbeat. Even in Arizona the case might go against you. It depends on the attitude of the District Attorney, and his or her attitude toward firearms, concealed carry, and self defense in general. Many of these types feel the police are all that is needed. Of course they're wrong. But it doesn't matter if they are the one's in charge. Even if you prevailed in a court case, it would most likely financially ruin you. Look at George Zimmerman. His life has been in shambles both socially, as well as financially since he was acquitted in the Travon Martin case.

link broken when I tried it

rod sterling.jpg

New Resource Reviews

Back Top