JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'd like a classic M60 MG like the one I packed in the Army...
Just guessing but I'd say if you could buy one (Ted Nugent has one), the thang would be around $15,000. As a comparison, I once read that the M249 Minimi is $13,000 a pop. If I had $15,000 I'd send it to Visa and tell them to go take a flyin' leap into a vat of raw sewage...

Just guessing but I'd say if you could buy one (Ted Nugent has one), the thang would be around $15,000. As a comparison, I once read that the M249 Minimi is $13,000 a pop. If I had $15,000 I'd send it to Visa and tell them to go take a flyin' leap into a vat of raw sewage...
I believe a semi-auto (only) M249 goes for $13k…. An M16 lower goes for north of $20k, and an M60 is most likely north of $30k…. even IF there was that kind of disposable money in my accounts I still wouldn't dole out for that. I'd pay $3k - MAYBE $5k for an M60 since they cost somewhere between $800 - $1,200 to manufacture.

Thanks to Uncle Joe the Pedo and Kamel Toe for the "Stimulating" I went out and bought a Meteba Unica 6 .454 Casul. It's everything I had hoped it would be, and seriously fun and expensive to shoot! Thankfully, I have enough .45 Colt to last till rapture, so it's all good!

Also, for various reasons, these damn Colt side hammer revolving rifles keep popping up out of the woodwork on the wet coast, and they have not been getting the super high prices they once did, so, I have been adding to the collection as the deals are just too good too pass up!

I believe a semi-auto (only) M249 goes for $13k…. An M16 lower goes for north of $20k, and an M60 is most likely north of $30k…. even IF there was that kind of disposable money in my accounts I still wouldn't dole out for that. I'd pay $3k - MAYBE $5k for an M60 since they cost somewhere between $800 - $1,200 to manufacture.

When in the army if your M-16 was missing it was $200 and some change to replace it.

... a Magpul Pro 700 chassis ... muzzle brake ...
The chassis will be of the folding stock variety. Have not finalized which muzzle brake will be utilized. Chucky Bullschumer is sure to soil himself when he sees this "assault weapon" with its folding stock (Hit #1), detachable AICS-pattern magazine (Hit #2), pistol grip (Hit #3) and muzzle brake (Hit #4). As all of you will remember, an "assault weapon" is any firearm with at least two of the Five Evil Attributes: Folding or collapsing stock; Detachable magazine; muzzle device of any design; protruding pistol grip; bayonet lug. I can see no reason whatsoever to attach a bayonet lug to a bolt-action target rifle, so I'll have to let that one go. Once it gets built (if ever), I'll have myself a bolt-action "assault weapon" that's both legal and illegal to own (in several States where Liberty has been outlawed).

Groove on the video: https://www.tacticalworks.com/Magpul-Pro-700-Rifle-Chassis.html

Behold the Blunderbuss pistol! blunderbuss.jpg

I have to go with a Sharps .45-70 as well. Not necessarily a Quigley model but probably any variety of Sharpes.

Not really an issue of money but more like a situation of where I 'am' in life. I came very close a couple years ago to buying a very nice used, but dang near LNIB Shiloh Sharpes but at the last minuted backed out. Decided I had a lot of guns I needed to shoot more and I really didn't want to have to get dies, brass & components for a new caliber.

Sometimes having a fascination wit something something doesn't always translate into owning it.

I am sure I will think of others but this is probably at the top of my list!

Last Edited:
oh I get the no new calibers statement. I managed to stick with that until I found the 10mm Aero Survival Rifle. Comes apart in a heart beat, once the scope is set it makes for a decent 100 yard all around gun with 200 grain bullets. I keep it along with a Rossi Matched pair kept under the seats of my truck. The Rossi is .308 and 12 gauge.

New Resource Reviews

Back Top