JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Be still my heart...a fairly balanced article on the subject!

Tho one caveat, UT's CC class is only 4 hours covering safe handling, these are the two types of handguns, bit about cleaning as well as being spent doing fingerprints & application photos and does not have a live-fire component!

Be still my heart...a fairly balanced article on the subject!

Tho one caveat, UT's CC class is only 4 hours covering safe handling, these are the two types of handguns, bit about cleaning as well as being spent doing fingerprints & application photos and does not have a live-fire component!
So you have taken the Utah ccw course ?

So you have taken the Utah ccw course ?

(sarcasm on) Let me see Joe, I won't ask on this very public forum about your monies in your bank accounts, the stock(s) you manage or have someone manage for you, the property you hold and if the mortgages are up to date, the firearm you possess, nor will I inquire what your shooting credentials you have acquired. (sarcasm off)

Fair?

However, in the spirit of cooperation, quote:
THE GOAL IS TO ELIMINATE INCIDENTS BY PROVIDING EXCELLENT TRAINING!
To properly teach the Utah concealed firearm permit course, in person instruction
consisting of a minimum of 4 hours is recommended. This time frame should consist of course
related material not to include extra services such as fingerprinting, photos, etc.

THE FOLLOWING OUTLINE PROVIDES THE MINIMUM TRAINING REQUIRED
FOR CONCEALED FIREARM COURSES.
BASIC HANDGUN SAFETY TRAINING
I. HANDGUN SAFETY RULES

A. THE PRIMARY CAUSES OF FIREARM RELATED ACCIDENTS:
1. Ignorance
2. Carelessness

B. ELEMENTS OF FIREARM SAFETY:
1. Positive Attitude
2. Knowledge
3. Skill

C. FOUR BASIC GUN SAFETY RULES:

D. OTHER SAFETY RULES / RANGE SAFETY RULES:

E. OTHER SAFETY CONSIDERATIONS

and so forth, in four hours at a minimum! lecture only, students normally not allowed to play with the 'props' (static firearms)

To satisfy your itch here is BCI's CC lesson plan: https://bci.utah.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/15/2015/01/MTC07312017.pdf

IMHO the NRA's 8 hour basic pistol course is excellent to provide citizens handgun handling oversight as well as limited live-fire experience.

(sarcasm on) Let me see Joe, I won't ask on this very public forum about your monies in your bank accounts, the stock(s) you manage or have someone manage for you, the property you hold and if the mortgages are up to date, the firearm you possess, nor will I inquire what your shooting credentials you have acquired. (sarcasm off)

Fair?

To properly teach the Utah concealed firearm permit course, in person instruction
consisting of a minimum of 4 hours is recommended. This time frame should consist of course
related material not to include extra services such as fingerprinting, photos, etc.

THE FOLLOWING OUTLINE PROVIDES THE MINIMUM TRAINING REQUIRED
FOR CONCEALED FIREARM COURSES.
BASIC HANDGUN SAFETY TRAINING
I. HANDGUN SAFETY RULES

A. THE PRIMARY CAUSES OF FIREARM RELATED ACCIDENTS:
1. Ignorance
2. Carelessness

B. ELEMENTS OF FIREARM SAFETY:
1. Positive Attitude
2. Knowledge
3. Skill

C. FOUR BASIC GUN SAFETY RULES:

D. OTHER SAFETY RULES / RANGE SAFETY RULES:

E. OTHER SAFETY CONSIDERATIONS

and so forth, in four hours at a minimum! lecture only, students normally not allowed to play with the 'props' (static firearms)

To satisfy your itch here is BCI's CC lesson plan: https://bci.utah.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/15/2015/01/MTC07312017.pdf

IMHO the NRA's 8 hour basic pistol course is excellent to provide citizens handgun handling oversight as well as limited live-fire experience.
I asked a question.....won't happen again

There are some really cool people on here but there are a few narcissistic know it all p o s and I'm afraid that for me the bad out weighs the good in this case so take care cool people , I'm done

There are some really cool people on here but there are a few narcissistic know it all p o s and I'm afraid that for me the bad out weighs the good in this case so take care cool people , I'm done

Sorry you feel that way Joe but it is a shame when you feel you were slighted based solely on a response to an your improperly asked question that you need to react with playground taunts and huffing and puffing into the night instead of dealing with issues like an adult.

But since your mind is made up, your commentary will be missed, please allow me to wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors on other sites you frequent.

Fair?

You could have just said you prefer not to say instead of going on a 10 page rant. It was a harmless question, nobody asked for all your personal info.

You could have just said you prefer not to say instead of going on a 10 page rant. It was a harmless question, nobody asked for all your personal info.

So Rob, which firearm credentials do you carry or where exactly do you live or anything you wish to share on this very public forum's platform?

I prefer not to say, TYVM. See how easy that was?

Yes Rob, you did notice what I put in ( )s prior to and behind my response to the member, which included the word sarcasm?

TYVM - An almost sarcastic version of the phrase pronounced quickly and in an annoyingly fashion.

So Rob you just responded exactly the same way I did ~ sarcastically!

So the point of your previous chastisement of my inital response, when you yourself apparently would have responded sarcastically as well to a personal query!

I at least gave the reader notice mine was sarcastic in nature!

Yes Rob, you did notice what I put in ( )s prior to and behind my response to the member, which included the word sarcasm?

TYVM - An almost sarcastic version of the phrase pronounced quickly and in an annoyingly fashion.

So Rob you just responded exactly the same way I did ~ sarcastically!

So the point of your previous chastisement of my inital response, when you yourself apparently would have responded sarcastically as well to a personal query!

I at least gave the reader notice mine was sarcastic in nature!

And sarcasm is mocking or contemptuous by nature. It was unnecessary. People come to this forum to share views and perhaps gather insight or news on firearms, not to be mocked for asking a question.

And sarcasm is mocking or contemptuous by nature. It was unnecessary. People come to this forum to share views and perhaps gather insight or news on firearms, not to be mocked for asking a question.

Rob it is, in the eyes of the beholder, is it not?

Your opinion matters to some but not all, is that truly your problem if it doesn't?

Just like you used a sarcastic response to my posed question, life goes on huh!

@nmwabbit If you browse this site you might discover, some posters are quite happy to offer up personal info on themselves, while others are not. Some post photos of real people as avatars, presumably of themselves, which could lead to real world identification. Each individual must make that determination for themselves.

Joe had no way of knowing if you were comfortable sharing that information he asked about, thus there was no reason to mock him for asking. A one sentence reply about your preferences was all that was needed. Instead you chose to alienate another person on this site, and likely drove him off due to your actions.

I could get a CCW, here in Nevada. Just have never wanted to go through the bullhillary to get it. While it is true that crime never takes a holiday, I tend to stay away from places where you'd think a crime might prevail more often than in some other place. For example if you're in the bad part of town, you should expect to be part of or near a crime. So just stay out of there...

@nmwabbit If you browse this site you might discover, some posters are quite happy to offer up personal info on themselves, while others are not. Some post photos of real people as avatars, presumably of themselves, which could lead to real world identification. Each individual must make that determination for themselves.

Joe had no way of knowing if you were comfortable sharing that information he asked about, thus there was no reason to mock him for asking. A one sentence reply about your preferences was all that was needed. Instead you chose to alienate another person on this site, and likely drove him off due to youranonymous actions.

Rob, give it a rest will ya, you are on a crusade without a cause.

Alas there are far more avenues to expend your energies on in this country than defending someone who wears their feelings on their sleeves, gets cranky at the first snide smart a$$ comment made towards them on an anonymous forum, then throws a tantrum, throws playground taunts and as an attention and sympathy raising stunt - states they are going to stomp off into the darkness.

Sorry, what will individuals with their feelings on their sleeves do when they attempt to defend their belief(s), you chose the belief, e.g., religious, 2A, pro life, etc., and gets a smart a$$ response from the agitator they are discussing the belief with? Pout, throw a tantrum, throw playground taunts at the agitator and then stomp into the night?

And we wonder why the agitator(s) win when this type of behaviour is exhibited towards agitators pushing their agendas.

Sorry, what will individuals with their feelings on their sleeves do when they attempt to defend their belief(s), you chose the belief, e.g., religious, 2A, pro life, etc., and gets a smart a$$ response from the agitator they are discussing the belief with? Pout, throw a tantrum, throw playground taunts at the agitator and then stomp into the night?

At least you now finally admit you were trying to be a smart áss agitator. Who put you in charge of weeding out people here that might not want to engage in a running battle over an honest question?

My "crusade" as you put it, is to bring MORE people to the table on the side of constitutional rights, specifically those who might not be as comfortable or well versed on the subject as myself. That apparently stands in direct opposition to your position of "weeding out" people who are supportive of the 2nd but may not be the best orators or debaters.

Why don't YOU give it a rest and step away from your purge button.

New Resource Reviews

Back Top