JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I could hardly care, anymore...

Then expect the knock on the door by the nice LEs to confiscate...

If those who are actively involved in countering the anti's rhetoric profess they are unconcerned about the objective evidence, aka as facts, then you will reap the consequences due to your "I COULD HARDLY CARE..." mentality.

Personally, your continued grumbling in generalizations, e.g., liberals, Dems, or Reps, or, or, of who you believe is responsible for unspecified slights, real or perceived, is tough to address and counter in real time, so a favor, put some specific(s) as to who is desecrating your firearm right, thanks

Ya I would say your knowledge is extremely limited on the subject if you state "most of them have mental problems." Really?

Further, children are not take from the "most horrible homes" they can find themselves in foster care for a myriad of reasons.

After a little more research, I'll stick to my statement. Altho you could find yourself in the foster system for a good number of reasons those that are not damaged are few and far between. I talked to a gal at work who does the licensing for Foster homes and her friend who's agency matches kids with a good foster home. And they both agreed. DR

This is one of those things that always starts out "sounding like a good idea". Many of the kids in the foster system are heavily damaged by the time they get there. Many people make it their life's work to try to save some of them. Bless those who do. Some of them can be helped. Some of them are a lost cause and are going to be in some kind of custody until they die. So if I was to open my home to a foster kid? Yes my guns would not be left sitting on a dresser for them to get hold of. Where stuff like this starts ok and morphs into a problem is who writes and enforces these rules or laws. This often leads to liberals who do not want others to have rights coming up with all kinds of new rules. Like we need to come "inspect" your home and guns. Once you start down that road it seldom goes well. What bothers me far, far, more is how so many kids are allowed to become damaged minds in the first place. Anyone who has ever worked around the places that create these kids has a hard time not becoming jaded to say the least. Government bureaucrats and Judges will often keep giving people who have NO business having children the right to keep damaging them until it's too late. Often they will finally take kids only to have some meth head mom shuck out another and another to do the same thing to. Then of course the solution? More gun laws, that will fix it.

After a little more research, I'll stick to my statement. Altho you could find yourself in the foster system for a good number of reasons those that are not damaged are few and far between. I talked to a gal at work who does the licensing for Foster homes and her friend who's agency matches kids with a good foster home. And they both agreed. DR

Sadly few kids who are well adjusted end up as Foster. There are of course some. Parents die, no one to take them. If they are not "damaged" they are the kids with the best chance of finding a family to take them until they are of age. What is far more common is mothers, who are mentally ill, often on drugs on top of it, who shuck out kids. Often with no idea who the fathers are. These kids grow up around stuff that is beyond what many can fathom. When it's seen it makes you sick. If courts and Bureaucrats wait too long often these kids are beyond help. Then what often happens is they get bounced from one place to another since they of course are major problems. If they live to adult age few do not end up in some kind of lock up.

Ok, let's quantify those babies, youngsters, through 17 yo [children] who end up in the foster care system [FCS] shall we!

1. Less than one percent of our country's children annually spend time in FCS.
2. Overall, five to six percent of our country's children will, at one point or another before they are 18, will spend time in FCS.
3. Ten percent of those in FCS are children of color.
4. 15% of those in FCS are Native American children.
5. Prior to placement, FCS children endure poverty, caregiver substance abuse, physical and emotional abuse, lack adequate medical and dental oversight, struggle within the their educational institutions, as well as being from significant socially economic stressed environments.

Now, as bad as paragraph 5 sound for any child to endure, their perception is it is a loving environment, and all of a sudden they are ripped out of that environment, their siblings, known caregivers, including all their faults, their school environment and placed in a new environment.

Very stressful for those who are normally adjusted in good environments let alone stressfull initally.

Added: Free Range children get taken by CPS
Maryland 'free range kids' taken into custody again by child protective services

Last Edited:
Ok, let's quantify those babies, youngsters, through 17 yo [children] who end up in the foster care system [FCS] shall we!

2. Overall, five to six percent of our country's children will, at one point or another before they are 18, will spend time in FCS.
5. Prior to placement, FCS children endure poverty, caregiver substance abuse, physical and emotional abuse, lack adequate medical and dental oversight, struggle within the their educational institutions, as well as being from significant socially economic stressed environments.

Now, as bad as paragraph 5 sound for any child to endure, their perception is it is a loving environment, and all of a sudden they are ripped out of that environment, their siblings, known caregivers, including all their faults, their school environment and placed in a new environment.

Very stressful for those who are normally adjusted in good environments let alone stressfull initally.

Maryland 'free range kids' taken into custody again by child protective services

So when are your new foster kids coming over?

So when are your new foster kids coming over?

Alas, billdeserthill, et al., when I applied in sacto, received foster care status a week after the agency's case manager's initial interview and home visit.

Unfortunately, the child's case worker refused to place the child in the home, appealed and the officiating judge upheld the case worker's decision.

Fortunately, there was a 'small' scandal of case worker taking kickbacks from mega foster homes [homes w/10+ children in a home @$1k/child/mth] who to keep their profit center foster homes solvent. The child's case worker was reasigned to 'other duties' but the judge still refused to place the child in my home.

Anything else you wish to know?

Apparently the scam is still going on: Former LA County Social Worker Reveals Corruption in Child "Protection" Services

In her new role, she is called in by the parents' attorneys to investigate cases where children have been removed from their homes. She will make in-home visits with the caseworker. Melinda reports that 80% of the time she sees something which is completely different than what the social worker is reporting. She will write up a report on what she sees, such as parents who really are trying hard to do what is best for their children, and children who have no desire to leave their parents. The caseworker, meanwhile, is reporting that the parents are not capable of taking care of their children, and that the children need to be removed from the home.

She states that group foster homes get an average of $8000.00 per child per month (just in LA County.)

I think the abuse they endure is much worse than #5 lets on. and what the Foster homes have to try and deal with is children who don't understand what Love is. along with no understanding of right and wrong. And kids who were sexually abused that have a screwed up sense of what is and is not acceptable!

Now I believe what you endured as a foster family probably happens quite a bit. The county I work for has its social workers turn kids over to a broker who matches the kids issues to s homes. I can see where that could lead to cheating the system for more money.

But let's get back to why a state would require a foster parent to lock up all weapons in the home. In certain cases you may also be asked to lock up the kitchen knifes.
In this case I don't see the harm in telling foster homes that they must keep all weapons in a safe. These are not kids who grew up in your care, You can not say what they will do at any given time, and they may not have the same value system as you. And you are only a temporary housing till the state finds a permanent home for them. DR

I guess I will never understand why some people refuse to safeguard their property by locking what is not being used currently into a safe, or secure area
I certainly would hate to see even more Freedom eroded by making this a law, but come on.

In my profession I'm in dif people's homes everyday and the only thing that keeps a thief out of your home is a very thin piece of glass--Everywhere I visit has lots of very available rocks not far away. Maybe you also have a dog, but there are ways around that, for a criminal with 99 cents for a pack of hot dogs

Darn billdeserthill, you must be a rich burglar, ya'll think a poooor bad guy, gonna fork over that much for hotdogs, whew man our bad guys are really poooor folk, cuz they spend that much, they would eat um instead of givin' to the dog!

I wonder what she would have done if I'd loaded up a bunch of rounds with wax and primers, and my kids were shooting my MAC in the backyard?
I'd really like to see that: A wacko mom filling her granny briefs because your kids are popping-off practice rounds with a licensed and registered machine gun-- on your property. The bravo-itch would probably go screaming to the city council and demand you to be thrown out of the neighborhood.

Yes. Liberals actually believe that any situation or circumstance they believe to be better than what already exists is what needs to eventuate. This is happening in Kalifonia; it's happening in San Franfreako. It's working so well there, that you now need a phone app to tell you which streets to avoid so as to not "step in sump'in" on the street. Y'all know about what I'm talkin'...

The punk who shot up the school in CT apparently got that kind of training from his mother, who, after he SNAPPED, died from a gunshot from her well trained son, didn't she? Young kids react to odd and unusual stimuli, among them bullying, ostracisation, acne, opposite sex rejection, etc. Their minds are not capable of handling the hormonal imbalances and pressures they face daily in many cases.

Why take the chance of releasing another Jared Lockner on society? Better safe and in a safe.

I M H O
Every school shooting has a common denominator. They were committed by ones on pharmaceutical drugs to cure a chemical imbalance or just coming off them. There is near 200 of these drugs or I should say poisons. They are taken by over 100 million world wide that may explain the mass killings by fire and knife. The FDA all have financial ties to the drug industry. The FDA is approving these drugs twice as fast and twice as many. Each of these drugs makes an average of 7.5 million a day profit. or $400 billion a year. With these drug companies doubling the cash spent on lobbying by the number two don't expect a dirty politician to put the blame on anything but a piece of steel . You say no politician has blamed these drugs. Exactly. These drugs are made up of all kinds of poisons, Prozac the majority is made of fluoride. The same kind of fluoride the NAZIs fed their victims causing them to go mad. Oh yea, no one on this earth knows what a chemical imbalance is.

When a kid today acts like a kid his parents throw him on a couple of these drugs to shut them right up. In one case a boy was shy but only after a week of taking them he wasn't shy any more and showed it by gunning down a few of his class mates. Put t he blame on steel, or the killer, or his parents, or the cops or the FBI while the real cause is right in front of us. I know everyone saw in the 90's how all home remedies vanished from the shelf's. The reason for that was the drug users protection act. Another law that was called exactly what it was not. All drugs submitted for approval had to pay a fee of $1 million and not to many ma and pop small businesses could afford the price.

FLUORIDE.jpg

I'd really like to see that: A wacko mom filling her granny briefs because your kids are popping-off practice rounds with a licensed and registered machine gun-- on your property. The bravo-itch would probably go screaming to the city council and demand you to be thrown out of the neighborhood.

Yes. Liberals actually believe that any situation or circumstance they believe to be better than what already exists is what needs to eventuate. This is happening in Kalifonia; it's happening in San Franfreako. It's working so well there, that you now need a phone app to tell you which streets to avoid so as to not "step in sump'in" on the street. Y'all know about what I'm talkin'...

Sadly this is not just liberals. When I was living in Tucson I and a couple buddies had some ClassIII stuff. We used to shoot at an old abandoned rock quarry. Several times when we would break out a full auto some other shooter would run over to tell us that was illegal. I would tell them no it's not, many would close their ears at that point. At that time there was a large WELL known gun shop there that was a ClassIII dealer. I would ask if they had ever heard of it. They of course would say yes. I would tell them they are ClassIII and if they asked would be shown some and how to buy them. Some at this point were angry and I would tell them go away. At first one would jump in their car and head for the nearest pay phone. Couple times local law showed up while the one who called was sitting there in their car watching. When LEO would leave and we were still there you could almost see their mouth falling open. LEO's finally stopped bothering to show up when one would call. It was amazing to me how many shooters refused to believe me when I told them that yes you can legally buy a machine gun. Some were pleasantly surprised and even asked to try one. Way too many took off in a huff to call the law. <shrug>

I recall eating those crap py hot dogs, back when my food budget used to be $12/week and the only one who liked them were the dogs

Some ate huge beefsteak tomatoes brought to the house by the brothers in fall and a singular can of chicken noodle soup in winter my first year at university. Splurging was a single slice of bologna and slice of processed cheese.

Ah,I kinda, at times miss those humbling days as it kept reality in perspective.

Sadly this is not just liberals. When I was living in Tucson I and a couple buddies had some ClassIII stuff. We used to shoot at an old abandoned rock quarry. Several times when we would break out a full auto some other shooter would run over to tell us that was illegal. I would tell them no it's not, many would close their ears at that point. At that time there was a large WELL known gun shop there that was a ClassIII dealer. I would ask if they had ever heard of it. They of course would say yes. I would tell them they are ClassIII and if they asked would be shown some and how to buy them. Some at this point were angry and I would tell them go away. At first one would jump in their car and head for the nearest pay phone. Couple times local law showed up while the one who called was sitting there in their car watching. When LEO would leave and we were still there you could almost see their mouth falling open. LEO's finally stopped bothering to show up when one would call. It was amazing to me how many shooters refused to believe me when I told them that yes you can legally buy a machine gun. Some were pleasantly surprised and even asked to try one. Way too many took off in a huff to call the law. <shrug>

Does this have anything to do with foster parenting and guns?

New Resource Reviews

Back Top