Welcome to Southwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Ruger MkIV

Reactions
Hey folks,

I had a chance to inspect/fondle the recently-introduced Ruger MKIV, in both standard and .22/45 forms.

Wow, what a joy to safe/push button to field strip. The fancy barrel on the .22/45 will take some getting used-to (for me), but I'm liking them.

Anyone had a chance to get one dirty?

Joe Link

Reactions
Not yet but a buddy of mine just bought one, so it won't be long. They look like awesome guns.

I remember when I was young and took my MKII apart for the first time. Had to take it to a gunsmith to get it put back together again :s0114:

OP
westernjeep401
Reactions
yes...Yes...YES!!!!! Me, too!!!!

I left the store (after breaking down both the .22/45 and the standard IV) with this "missing time" feeling in my head :p

Reactions
Not yet but a buddy of mine just bought one, so it won't be long. They look like awesome guns.

I remember when I was young and took my MKII apart for the first time. Had to take it to a gunsmith to get it put back together again :s0114:
I sold my MKII because it took me 2 hours to get it back together. Never again!!!

OP
westernjeep401
Reactions
I do enjoy my .22/45 MkII/III style but you have to run CCI or the like in it, otherwise it gets super cruddy within 300 rounds or so. Even then, it's breakdown time. Tried to get away with a ballistol bath and swab but nope, have to breakdown and de-muck.

I'm actually getting pretty good at it, but the MKIV literally destroys the older versions from a field service perspective.

The Colt Cadet .22, however, needs an (included) allen wrench to break down, but its just one screw and done. Will be (FINALLY!!!!!) be running it next week, and will do a report accordingly.

Joe Link

Reactions
I do enjoy my .22/45 MkII/III style but you have to run CCI or the like in it, otherwise it gets super cruddy within 300 rounds or so. Even then, it's breakdown time. Tried to get away with a ballistol bath and swab but nope, have to breakdown and de-muck.

I'm actually getting pretty good at it, but the MKIV literally destroys the older versions from a field service perspective.

The Colt Cadet .22, however, needs an (included) allen wrench to break down, but its just one screw and done. Will be (FINALLY!!!!!) be running it next week, and will do a report accordingly.
Is CCI a lot cleaner than standard 22lr?

OP
westernjeep401
Reactions
It is rhetorical, as .22 is pretty dirty. It does work best in the semi autos for me; maybe it's that I was working through some junk and the CCI was better in comparison.

Joe Link

Reactions
It is rhetorical, as .22 is pretty dirty. It does work best in the semi autos for me; maybe it's that I was working through some junk and the CCI was better in comparison.
Ah I see what you mean. I know out of my rifles CCI minimags are more accurate, but I'm not sure if they're any cleaner.

NEW CLASSIFIED ADS

LATEST REVIEWS

• Bruno Shooter Supply
    4.00 star(s)
    When I can get there, I never leave without buying something I needs, because they always have something I need!
    • armoredman
  • New Frontier Armory
    5.00 star(s)
    Great store and inventory, they have a lot of items. The staff is always friendly and helpful. This place gets really busy and you have to take a...
    • djthumper
  • Las Vegas Shooting Center
    5.00 star(s)
    Lots of room to get around in the store. The range looked nicely lit. Friendly staff.
    • djthumper
  • Clark County Shooting Complex
    5.00 star(s)
    I like the range, the staff is friendly and helpful. I wish they were open on Mondays, especially those holiday Mondays. I have been to our other...
    • djthumper
  • Bruno Shooter Supply
    5.00 star(s)
    I drove up there from Chandler to get what I needed. Simple layout, products on shelves, no BS marketing fluff or decorations or signage. No...
    • MadDuner

ONLINE NOW

No members online now.