JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
It will be cooling off someday.....
And that means during the winter I will once again have relatives visiting, that I will take out into the desert to enjoy the great Arizona "winter" and do some shooting! During these trips, if there are more than 2 or 3 people with me, it's difficult to make sure all the different calibers and makes and models get all the right mags and of course the right ammo. I've gotten lucky so far, that wrong mags don't always seat in the handguns, but having a fleet of AR pattern rifles in different calibers is a nightmare and accident waiting to happen. So I have color coded everything to help everyone keep things straight (hopefully).

So if I take these to the range.....

5BC10592-AD6B-4054-B1E6-7B4577250B37.jpeg

And the range bag looks like this:

249CDC44-4590-45FF-A6A7-64C64B310DC7.jpeg

Then there is a problem.

Here is my solution.
Color coded mags and magwells.

58385F05-A582-4112-96F4-F522089EE0B1.jpeg

I've done the same thing for the ARs.
Can you tell which one is not correct?

45B188C6-E5BE-4616-B374-811D6D059942.jpeg

I think it would also be very helpful during a SHTF situation. If each family member knows that their 5.56 needs the blue mags and ammo from the blue labeled ammo boxes, while the 7.62x39 needs the green mags and ammo from the green labeled boxes.

Every caliber has it's own color code on the rifles, mags and ammo boxes.

Excellent thinking! I've had the "wrong magazine in the right gun" problem myself, in the past. I just used bad language and kept trying different magazines until Cruel Fate cut me some slack and I got the right mag into the right gun. Your solution is much more what a thinking man would devise...

A similar fix here. Not that I'd get the wrong mag for the gun, but as I keep them loaded with different rounds, they get a color stripe painted on them to let me know just what is in them without having to worry.;)

SR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top