JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I hope you signed-up for Social Security Disability. If you haven't, do it.
I'd never even thought of that until just a few days ago. My good friend JR suggested it. I figgered I couldn't do such a thing until I was to turn 62, which will occur in late December 2019. I also figgered to do so three years before I turn 65 would reduce my Social Security benefits when I finally do turn 65.

I want to go back to work. I got my CPAP machine today. I am not too many minutes as of this hour to firing it up for its maiden voyage. I miss not being able to buy the things I want. I also have to think a few seconds before buying the things I really do need. My dad is keeping me afloat. It's embarrassing. I take pride in my work, even though I'm "just" a truck driver.

Being out of work makes me feel like shih-tzu. I can't go anywhere. I can't do anything. I have no money. I feel worthless. I feel useless. I am acutely aware that I'm unproductive. I know I'm helping no free-market company earn any profit. I'd make a very poor welfare recipient, would I not?

I'd never even thought of that until just a few days ago. My good friend JR suggested it. I figgered I couldn't do such a thing until I was to turn 62, which will occur in late December 2019. I also figgered to do so three years before I turn 65 would reduce my Social Security benefits when I finally do turn 65.

I want to go back to work. I got my CPAP machine today. I am not too many minutes as of this hour to firing it up for its maiden voyage. I miss not being able to buy the things I want. I also have to think a few seconds before buying the things I really do need. My dad is keeping me afloat. It's embarrassing. I take pride in my work, even though I'm "just" a truck driver.

Being out of work makes me feel like shih-tzu. I can't go anywhere. I can't do anything. I have no money. I feel worthless. I feel useless. I am acutely aware that I'm unproductive. I know I'm helping no free-market company earn any profit. I'd make a very poor welfare recipient, would I not?

IF, your doctor says you're disabled and fills out the paper work and sends it in, you should be good. I did everything on my own so a lawyer wouldn't get a percentage for life. I'm 25% whole body disabled, so I got mine at 57.

Are you collecting any type of money ?

IF your doctor says you're disabled, fills out the paper work and sends it in, you should be good.

Are you collecting any type of money?
I told my doctor that I wanted to get back to work as soon as possible. He said he'd fit me with a CPAP machine that would make the DOT happy up and down the walls, and up and down the halls. I used mine for the very first time last night. I really do feel much better this morning. I fell out at 0830 PDT; the machine will upload the data generated last night at around 0930 to my account at ResMed (the maker of the machine). I slept much better last night than I usually do. Had to get up at 0430 to entertain the porcelain, which a great many men over 50 must do at least once per night. Just once for me. I discovered that I have to get up about four hours in to blow my nose. It's always either plugged or is not flowing very well. Once I'd given the old schnozz a good clearing, I was able to breathe better and slept another four hours.

I'm collecting no public money. My dad is keeping me afloat. He told me over the phone a few weeks ago that he didn't save his money for years and years for his later life. He saved it for his kids if they ever needed money-- as I have in these last several months. My mom and dad had four kids. I lost my older sister in May 1988. My dad has been very attentive to the needs of his three remaining kids ever since then. He's paid-off my younger sister's credit card to the tune of $44,000 in 2000 or so. He's helped my younger brother through his $150,000 divorce a number of years ago. He's helped me over several financial bumps over the last dozen years or so, the latest being $20,000 since around July 1. He's giving to me his Mercedes because I do not have a car and he rarely ever drives it. It's a mint-condition 1995 S420 with about 60,000 miles on it. His eyes no longer work very well for nighttime driving, so he has just about no need for it. I've had no car since July 3, so I have a 100% need for it. He says I can't get a job until I have transportation to get to it, so he's giving me his car. I found no reason to complain...

I told my doctor that I wanted to get back to work as soon as possible. He said he'd fit me with a CPAP machine that would make the DOT happy up and down the walls, and up and down the halls. I used mine for the very first time last night. I really do feel much better this morning. I fell out at 0830 PDT; the machine will upload the data generated last night at around 0930 to my account at ResMed (the maker of the machine). I slept much better last night than I usually do. Had to get up at 0430 to entertain the porcelain, which a great many men over 50 must do at least once per night. Just once for me. I discovered that I have to get up about four hours in to blow my nose. It's always either plugged or is not flowing very well. Once I'd given the old schnozz a good clearing, I was able to breathe better and slept another four hours.

I'm collecting no public money. My dad is keeping me afloat. He told me over the phone a few weeks ago that he didn't save his money for years and years for his later life. He saved it for his kids if they ever needed money-- as I have in these last several months. My mom and dad had four kids. I lost my older sister in May 1988. My dad has been very attentive to the needs of his three remaining kids ever since then. He's paid-off my younger sister's credit card to the tune of $44,000 in 2000 or so. He's helped my younger brother through his $150,000 divorce a number of years ago. He's helped me over several financial bumps over the last dozen years or so, the latest being $20,000 since around July 1. He's giving to me his Mercedes because I do not have a car and he rarely ever drives it. It's a mint-condition 1995 S420 with about 60,000 miles on it. His eyes no longer work very well for nighttime driving, so he has just about no need for it. I've had no car since July 3, so I have a 100% need for it. He says I can't get a job until I have transportation to get to it, so he's giving me his car. I found no reason to complain...

How very nice of your Dad. My parents always helped us kids (2).

I'd still sign up for Social Security. Don't forget, that's YOUR money and you should get it before any illegal gets it for nothing..

. . . that's YOUR money and you should get it before any illegal gets it for nothing...
My God, but do you have that right! I suppose I can do it when I get home. I'll have about two weeks to chill with 500 channels and the 2" ribeye steaks my dad buys at Costco whenever my brother and I fly in for our occasional visits to Six Actual. I'm still in Nevada; I have to get the flights booked, and my billet squared-away and locked-down for my absence. So much to do; so little time to do it all...

This thread has drifted so far from its original direction. I have no problem with that.

I discovered a Bergara B-14 HMR in 6.5mm Creedmoor in lefthand at Scheels the other day. $950. I had no idea lefty Bergaras were even to be had. I got in touch with Modular Driven Technologies and asked if they made a lefty chassis for it. Turns out MDT does because the Bergara action copies the Remington M700 footprint. How convenient! Such a wonderful thing.

My friend from high school has a B-14 in .308Win. He sent me some links from Bergara USA. My eyes began to tear-up when I saw how many models are available. We lefthanders break down like children when we find a company has made available something for us. So the Howa M1500 is now yesterday's news. We're getting a lefty Bergara of at least one tier above the bottom models once I am back to work and can afford it.

Barrel work. Full shop, full service. Most reamers on hand including larger safari calibers and odd balls. You can do a setback and will have to pickup the existing threads. This can be done very easily. SAE or Metric.
928 710 7353. We also make our own single point cut rifle barrels. Quick turnaround in most cases. Military Discount.

"So I said I was tired. Who isn't now and then? The next thing I knew, I was handed a form asking if I ever felt tired when I should be awake, alert and dignified. Yeah; who hasn't?"

I know you are an over the road driver so your medicals are a lot more stringent than any I have ever been through.

A off handed response means you ask a few more questions not do a deep dive into your body
You need another dr if possible

I had some wounds that were on my ankle almost healed and I asked for them not to wrap my foot with the bandages and ace wrap because it made it damn hard to take a shower. I was told no. I kept at them and they got indignant with me and said if I did not follow their directions to the T they would discharge me. I looked at them an the turn around in attitude, remarked this is the same crap we have been going through for 16 weeks. You all bubblegum because when I come in for the dressing change it is wet, duhhhh shower the night before, just like all of the weeks before.
They really got pissed and mentioned the words discharge again, I jumped up from the exam table and got in to her face and said loudly, MAKE IT HAPPEN NOW! Not screaming but with the voice of authority.
I sat back down I am over 70 and a large bear of a man.
Exit stage right like the loony tunes and the oldest RN came in and proceeded to help me leave. Door was closed and I told her none of what I had said pertained to me. She was in tears.

What a bunch of fools. That aint patient care!
Oh I am wrapping the ankle myself, It does not get as wet any more and in a few more weeks this to will pass.

Sorry to hear about the sleeping machine maybe you can prove them wrong

We're getting a lefty Bergara of at least one tier above the bottom models once I am back to work and can afford it.
I went with a stainless Zermatt Arms TL-3 in the lefty-bolt & righty-port configuration. I received the action in June 2020; still ain't done a dam-ned thing with it. I figger the completed rifle to cost around $7000 to $7500. The Nightforce scope will represent half the cost. May design another 6.5mm mildcat for use in this rifle, but that kind of stuff blows-up the costs quite a bit. Drags-out the time frame to get one downrange, too. I'm working too much to do much of anything but prepare myself to work the next six days on my one day off per week. All work and no play has made nvshooter a very dull boy. Still, I dream of the day I get the two days off after six on I was promised when I started this job in June 2020. I haven't had those two days off since July 5, 2020. I'm so bummed I can hardly stand it anymore...

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top