JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sorry, I'm confused about what part do the Okies [or the other 29 states] truly not understand about their citizens use of state legal marijuana is considered 'illegal' from the great federal hand who oversees all new firearm sales to this nation's citizens?

The choice is obvious...the firearm buying citizen must choose...their pot or their firearm!

2011 ATF open letter to FFLs:
All FFLs-Sept2011-Open Letter-Marijuana for Medicinal Purposes | Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives

Last Edited:
from my understanding and I could be wrong, but having a medical card prohibits you from getting approved because of the illegality according to the feds. I thought this was across the board with all states that have med cards. I could be wrong but I know thats how it is in AZ....just thought that was across the board. But I would 100% choose guns and have my friend/neighbor/relative just grab me something if I needed....haven't smoked in well over 10 yrs so its a non sequitur for me anyways. Plus, the way things are going I can see it becoming decriminalized on the fed level in 5 years, they are starting to open their eyes on the benefits, revenues and medical thats really hard to ignore.

Alas the war on drugs that Nixon started [War on Drugs - Facts & Summary - HISTORY.com] is way too big a profit center for the Fed, State, and Local LE agencies to decriminalize. OR decriminalized in '73 and now there are only 30 total after these oh so many years!

interestingly, Portugal in 1999 legalized all substances and have had superb results across the board.

The EU country where drugs are decriminalised – and hardly anyone dies of an overdose

Opinion | How to Win a War on Drugs

Portugal's radical drugs policy is working. Why hasn't the world copied it?

I agree 100%....the prison/jails systems are filled primarily because of drugs...something in the 75% range has something do with with drugs one way or another and the prison system is a huge cash cow, DEA and local LE etc....but what Canada is now doing will have a huge impact on how the US stands on marijuana legalization. Plus there have already been talks about it. The fact that many states are leaning that way it's only a matter of time. Will we ever see complete decriminalization of all narcotics (Amsterdamn has buses with nurses injecting addicts to help prevent the spread of disease and overdosing) I highly doubt it, like you said, way to profitable, way to of a polarizing subject etc. The money the govt can make of tax revenue for weed will outweigh what they make on enforcing weed laws or in some states, not enforcing. If you look at econmies of states where its legal, they are flurishing. Not to mention the other economical aspects of making weed legal. Id bet within 5 yrs we see a shift the way the feds think on this. Then again, in 5 years we could have no rights at all lol

the said state of affairs in this country is "Private prisons currently house approximately 22,660 federal inmates, according to the DOJ report, which translates to roughly 12 percent of the total inmate population. The Bureau of Prisons paid $639 million to private prisons in fiscal year 2014, averaging $22,159 per prisoner." How Much Money Do Private Prisons Make? They're Earning Thousands Per Inmate

Last i heard one private prison entity made 2+/-BILLION a year!

the said state of affairs in this country is "Private prisons currently house approximately 22,660 federal inmates, according to the DOJ report, which translates to roughly 12 percent of the total inmate population. The Bureau of Prisons paid $639 million to private prisons in fiscal year 2014, averaging $22,159 per prisoner." How Much Money Do Private Prisons Make? They're Earning Thousands Per Inmate

Last i heard one private prison entity made 2+/-BILLION a year!
I also think those number are off.....last time I checked in the mid 2k's...on the state level....min sec was about 35k/yr, med 60k/yr, max was close to 100k and death row was over 100k a yr....that's just the cost to house inmates on a state level, that 22k must be a min sec country club or number are getting fudged lol and like I said thats just the Fed's....the higher security the prison the more dangerous the inmates, the higher the cost to taxpayers. The most disgusting aspect, child molesters who go into protective custody cost tax payers more money then almost all of the classes of inmates because of the extra security to protect them from gen pop. So you rape a child and it cost me money I work my bubblegum off for to protect you. Prob is, because its such a huge business, instead of teaching classes and a trade skill (dept of CORRECTIONS), we stripped almost everything out that tries to rehabilitate which cause the recidivism rate to be as high as 80%....no more are the days where you can take college courses and learn how to weld, do carpentry. Instead, these private prisons are running sweat shops and turning a profit. Im all for convicts maintaining a job in prison to learn responsibilities, but they pay 1.25/per day to crank out items like furniture that are turned around and sold on the private market for more cash to line the CEO pockets. They should be paving our streets and highways and not just stick n pick litter on the side of the road. Repay society not cost society even more.

Im sure the costs are different for each state as well but heres an excerpt from a report I read a while back
"Maintaining each death row prisoner costs taxpayers $90,000 more per year than a prisoner in general population."

At $75,560, housing a prisoner in California now costs more than a year at Harvard in Cali, 75k per yr. in 2017.....no wonder we all go broke from taxes lol

Sorry, I'm confused about what part do the Okies [or the other 29 states] truly not understand about their citizens use of state legal marijuana is considered 'illegal' from the great federal hand who oversees all new firearm sales to this nation's citizens?

The choice is obvious...the firearm buying citizen must choose...their pot or their firearm!

All FFLs-Sept2011-Open Letter-Marijuana for Medicinal Purposes | Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives
It's not my place to do the government's dirty work for them.
Take note- nowhere in that letter does it require me to ask or them to volunteer the info. Especially, since a great many have passed the requirements of the ccw program.

It's not my place to do the government's dirty work for them.
Take note- nowhere in that letter does it require me to ask or them to volunteer the info. Especially, since a great many have passed the requirements of the ccw program.

So, it appears you are a rebel FFL who believes the concept of "don't ask do not tell" fulfills your obligations as the Responsible Person of your license?

Personally, a citizen lying on a federal form seems a bit rash but wait, if the citizen just toked up recently, it might just ease the citizen's guilt for lying on the federal form, huh!

The problem is when you get your med card, youre entered in a state registry, you have no control over the state giving the info to the feds. You can lie on the application all you want will not do any good unless the state refuses to give over the state registry info. Unfortunately a good thing is used to blacklist individuals and strip em of their rights. A buddy of mine is a vet who has his med card here in arizona, he went to purchase a firearm and was flagged. I dont know the exact inner workings of how the info get shared but it can and does. Easier to have a friend or spouse get your weed if you value your 2A rights....they dont want us to be armed they want us not to be able to fight back if/when the time comes. Our govt is all about control and its just getting worse. They use the guise of protecting us to strip us of our rights....i know it sounds tin foil hat like but it is what it is....still live in the best nation regardless.....soon enough hopefully the feds will loosen their grip on this weed thing....their so called gateway drug does less harm then booze and cigs....again...not a smoker lol just agree with legalization

So, it appears you are a rebel FFL who believes the concept of "don't ask do not tell" fulfills your obligations as the Responsible Person of your license?

Personally, a citizen lying on a federal form seems a bit rash but wait, if the citizen just toked up recently, it might just ease the citizen's guilt for lying on the federal form, huh!
Not at all and thank you for clarifying my remark incorrectly.
I am simply stating two point of fact items that dealers have no control over.
1. The veracity of the customer, especially in the event that they have a Che, and
2. That we as FFL holders are not, anywhere in any regulation, REQUIRED TO ASK.
Now, I hope this simplifies the matter for you.
Time for warm milk and a cookie.

WPost Jun 23 2018
"Attorney General Jeff Sessions is asking congressional leaders to undo federal medical-marijuana protections that have been in place since 2014..."

Jeff Sessions personally asked Congress to let him prosecute medical-marijuana providers

Seems DoJ believes medical MJ should be investigated in the continuing war on drugs.
Thats just sessions.....hes so old and needs to retire...theres movement on both party lines including trump who said the doj wont interfare with med weed. There has been a push from multiple states, the former speaker of the house is actually involved in the industry and mitch is pushing for hemp industrialization....Im telling you, its not far from the horizon....session was even grilled by lawmakers about his his stance and its so antiquated.....the needle is moving...slowly but moving....im from boston originally, wanna talk about antiquated puritan laws....alcohol purchases on sundays and tattoos havent been legal for that long and even they have dispenseries now.....once the majority is at a certain level the feds will fall in line.

Then you stay in the great smoky mountains and we will stay in Arizona.
If you feel the overwhelming need to troll, go to Facebook.

Thats just sessions.....hes so old and needs to retire...theres movement on both party lines including trump who said the doj wont interfare with med weed. There has been a push from multiple states, the former speaker of the house is actually involved in the industry and mitch is pushing for hemp industrialization....Im telling you, its not far from the horizon....session was even grilled by lawmakers about his his stance and its so antiquated.....the needle is moving...slowly but moving....im from boston originally, wanna talk about antiquated puritan laws....alcohol purchases on sundays and tattoos havent been legal for that long and even they have dispenseries now.....once the majority is at a certain level the feds will fall in line.
Arizona refuses to hand over the Medical Card list for THIS very reason.
The legislature also enacted laws that protect gun owners from onerous Federal enforcement action.
Don't ask don't tell is a dramatic oversimplification of my original point.
I've unfortunately grown numb to the reactives in society who relish in being a keyboard executioner who swings their double bit axe at everyone who pisses them off. I don't need to shoulder their misunderstanding...

And this is one of the many reasons i live in AZ but you understand the quagmire....you lie on your application and say no and you open yourself up to the POSSIBILITY of being prosecuted...Arizona can deny to give the registry list until it cant. Just like the DEA has a list of everyone prescribed narcotics you are on a registry, but for being prescribed a drug which is currently illegal on the federal level. All it takes is for a swing the other way and everyone with a card is under fire....the other good thing about AZ...well good and bad actually is there is no law on the books at the state level for addicts/drugs and firearms...only on the federal level...hoping and praying AZ keeps its stance on firearms and doesnt give in to the liberal rhetoric of banning. All in all to end a point, its dumb, it puts lawful owners in jeopardy and its just another way to discourage people.

And this is one of the many reasons i live in AZ but you understand the quagmire....you lie on your application and say no and you open yourself up to the POSSIBILITY of being prosecuted...Arizona can deny to give the registry list until it cant. Just like the DEA has a list of everyone prescribed narcotics you are on a registry, but for being prescribed a drug which is currently illegal on the federal level. All it takes is for a swing the other way and everyone with a card is under fire....the other good thing about AZ...well good and bad actually is there is no law on the books at the state level for addicts/drugs and firearms...only on the federal level...hoping and praying AZ keeps its stance on firearms and doesnt give in to the liberal rhetoric of banning. All in all to end a point, its dumb, it puts lawful owners in jeopardy and its just another way to discourage people.
You are most certainly correct.
Please look for new listings on Gunlistings.org under Arizona.
Seems to be a functional platform...

The State of Az sent my bro a ccw and he already had his medical card,
so I'm guessing it's up to the state & not the Feds

New Resource Reviews

Back Top