JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
United States Senator Martin Heinrich asserts that his bill, the GOSAFE Act, will "prevent future mass shootings and save lives" in a recent e-mailed newsletter.

For too long, Congress has been paralyzed when it comes to addressing mass shootings. In the last Congress, after the horrific tragedy in Uvalde, I was proud to play a leading role in negotiating and passing the Bipartisan Safer Communities Act, which is making a meaningful difference in reducing homicides and prosecuting gun trafficking.

But we still have urgent, unfinished business when it comes to limiting access to firearms and firearm parts that are inherently dangerous and unusually lethal. That's why my new legislation, the GOSAFE Act, focuses on regulating the mechanisms that make certain weapons so dangerous—like high-capacity magazines and gas-operated actions – without sacrificing the rights of law-abiding gun owners.

(US Senator Heinrich, 2/20/2024)

You can contact the senator at his website here: <https://www.heinrich.senate.gov/>.

Screenshot_20240220-152033-882.png Screenshot_20240220-152052-407.png Screenshot_20240220-152104-198.png Screenshot_20240220-152117-492.png Screenshot_20240220-152132-842.png

Have you ever seen a bill that focuses on those that already follow the law and is effective to curb those that ignore the law?

How is your shooting coming along? How are you liking the new gun? DR
I've read through a lot of legislation at both the state and federal levels. I think much of the writing of legislation is intentionally more complicated than it needs to be. American governments have become a massive bureaucracy and that is definitely not what the founders intended.

I think my shooting is coming along although I bought a target that was designed for .22 caliber ammo (I have a 9mm). xD lol Completely my fault, I did not read the product description properly. :D Aside from that, shooting is incredibly fun.

Most legislation is put forth by people who's interests are not really in controlling guns. but in controlling people. They are written to control people who already follow the law anyway.
outlaws who need to be controlled, couldn't care less about new laws, are unaffected by new laws. They don't buy guns in stores where a background check would stop them, they don't care what mods are not legal, and they don't buy ammo in stores either. so, what new regulations are going to work on them?

I worked a long time in a jail. all the gun laws on the books already make it illegal to use a firearm in a crime, there are already laws that make theft, robbery, murder, rape , etc... illegal. But in practice gun laws are almost never used . they are charged and then bargained away to get the accused to cop to a plea if they drop all these add on charges.

Any law that is written now mostly focuses on creating new criminals out of those that are currently following the law.

The only laws that will focus on outlaws are the ones keeping those caught in jail longer. those laws are already on the books, we just need to make prosecutors use them, and judges sentence based on them. DR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top