JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
As a hint do not read the text just watch the vid. He goes over everything in the video including the distance and how he got it.

This is one of my all time favorite flicks, the biggest reason a Shiloh Sharps 45-70 ended up on my bucket list.
When I bought it I did not want to deal with reloading. Now that I have a reloader the SS is just a lot of fun for long distance shooting.
It never fails to arouse a crowd at the range. When I was in living in Phoenix I tried my hand at the long distance range at Ben Avery.
I did OK with a table and bags out over 500 yards. Lots to pay attention to, shooting something that has a rainbow arc for a trajectory.

Yup, as a long range shooter accustomed to making shots at unknown distances, I knew that what was being claimed wasn't even close. The scene it's self gives you a pretty good idea if you pay attention, looking from the bucket back to Quiggly, you can plainly see details that a much longer shot, as claimed, couldn't be seen from such distances! Plus, the time of flight which we all know can be timed accurately, doesn't match the rifle or caliber the movie portrays! I often guessed the actual range to be some where in the 350ish range, and actually shooting a .45/90 (as close to the movies rifle and caliber as I can get) I know it was way less then portrayed! I have done some informal competitions using old black powder rifles, and the shot in the movie sure looks impressive ( which is the idea) bus in fact comes up far short of the actual results that are possible! Hell, one of my Colt Rifles in .50 cal is good for a consistent 800 meters, making that movie shot underwhelming! ;)

You can skip ahead like I did.
I've been working and away from my computer for so long, I'd forgotten about that. Really, I have been running wild with FedEx Ground for several weeks now. Got today off because no run materialized by 1300 PDT. I have over 2,000 unread emails at which to look. Fully 99% of them will be deleted without a second look-- they're mostly from people wanting to sell me something. I always look at any "thread you are watching" emails associated with this site. I have to keep myself current with all the goings-on that go on within these pages, don't you know...

Sounds like you got a job. If so, congrats.
Yes. I'm making more money these days than I have in the previous 26 years at the wheel. There is such a screamin' demand for drivers, the companies are willing to pay what needs to be paid to get drivers with experience and squeaky-clean MVRs. That's me: In my 27th year and have not had a moving violation since February of 2001 (convicted for 85 in a 75 zone on March 15, 2001)..

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top