JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Greetings! Wife and I are celebrating our wedding anniversary in our new vacation home in Phoenix. Still living and working in Portland. Happy to be here part time. Apparently though I can carry here with my Utah and Oregon CHL, I need a dmv ID card to buy a firearm. So on my way to DMV today! Also looking for outdoor shooting areas close to Ahwatukee.

Welcome to the site!

You're living the dream man. If I can ever swing a second home Phoenix is where it'll be :)

don't you need to be a RESIDENT, NOT PART TIME?
Guy at the gun store and range said I needed to "own property" here and would not need to be a "resident". He said I could get an Arizona I D with proof I owned property here. I didn't make it to DMV today to test this, so will have to wait until my next trip here. I suppose I could drive down a piece or two without all the complication. I think i'll also look up what is actually required before I can buy and take delivery of a firearm here in Arizona while remaining an Oregonian.

Welcome to the site!

You're living the dream man. If I can ever swing a second home Phoenix is where it'll be :)
Thanks Joe. I appreciate you on the NW Firearms forum. Living the dream took me 37 years in the salt mines and I'm still up to my ears in it. No such thing as a free lunch.

So last I checked, AZ was a constitutional carry state. Once you're in the border, you can shove a gun down your pants and no one cares (except for the native americans on the rez who apparently get really moody about gun owners).

Also, you don't need to be a state resident to buy a long-gun, only a handgun.

Anyways, welcome aboard!

When I moved here, not so long ago, I wasn't able to buy ANY WEAPON from a LGS without proof that I was a RESIDENT of AZ. Once I got my DRIVERS LICENSE I was able to do so. Private sales weren't as strict, but there are many individuals who want License displayed, some want CCW, others also want a Bill of Sale. There's an element of safety and security offered to both seller and buyer in this kind of transaction.

I freaking LOVE AZ! Spent a week there to watch a NASCAR race. We trailered our sleds in and spent several late nights riding around in the desert. No helmet and 100+ MPH. Maybe not smart, but I can still feel the hot air blasting my face. Good times.

New Resource Reviews

Back Top