JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The dogs started going ape-shït clawing at the windows barking and whining to get out . . .

Some godawful racket was going on in the woods across the street. Either a yote got into a stray or neighbors cat, or teenage sasquatch was sodomizing chupacabra again . . .

Either way it pretty much destroyed my ability to get back to sleep.

The good news is my wife is out of town until tonight, so I can get a decent nap in after church . . .

Any of y'all experience a nighttime disturbance like that?

We get various wildlife at times coming through our neighborhood ...
Coyotes , deer , raccoons , even get black bear from time to time...dogs raisin' a racket at 'em...not really something you want to hear at "O dark thirty" in the wee hours....
Andy

We've had family in from out of town for the last few days that has been occupying a bit of my time. It's good to see them all and catch up, but a bit rough on my sleep patterns. Normally, my alarm goes off at 0300, and I am at work by 0430. That means I am thinking it's time for bed by 2100. That doesn't work that well when everyone else isn't ready to quiet down until until midnight.or so.

So no loud scary noises, just family.

I woke up the other morning when we had the earthquake and couldn't go back to sleep and had no idea why until I finally said screw it and got out of bed at 5 am and made some coffee. Turned the news on thought to myself that everything made sense.

I think I'm gonna call it a night....
Been running behind on sleep and dropped one set of relatives at the airport a few hours ago. Another batch rolls in tomorrow for a repeat of not enough sleep for the week again.

I've gotta be up in less than 7 hours, so . . .

end-of-day-image-04.jpg

end-of-day-image-03.jpg

static-02.gif

We have a monster Grizzly back home who has made the ranch his personal play ground and every now and then he would come sniffin around the Wifes awesome kookin, amd the dogs go nuts! Its kind of a good thing, especially as the Neufy dosnt bark normally, so when he sounds off, its super serious! Dont knkw what the little wiggley bugger Neufy Puppy is going to do about things, but so far so good! Having a Big Bear around sure makes things "Intresting"
We also get lots of pass throughs, elk, wolves, yoties, amd all sorts of other critters, makes for a lot of racket at times!

When I moved into the house I'm in now I thought it'd be quiet as we only have 6 homes down a dead end road. Within the first month of being there I heard a vehicle running like a bat out of hell up our gravel road at 2:15am throwing gravel everywhere. It woke me up and I was so pissed I couldn't fall back to sleep. The next morning I tracked where the truck started from and at 6:30am I awoke my "New neighbors".

I found out it was a senior party as it was late June and an 18 year old thought he'd show his friends how cool he was. I found out who it was, called his Dad and his Dad sent him over to rake about 500 feet of our road.

I guess the story got out and we haven't had anymore azz-hatery like that again. ;)

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Prescott Valley, AZ
Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top