JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Preparing for life with Donald Trump as president and Republican majorities in Congress, Michael Bloomberg's gun control group is threatening to spend more than $25 million in 2018 races.

Everytown for Gun Safety, founded and funded by the billionaire former New York City mayor, is hiring several new top staffers and turning much of its attention to state legislatures, while moving to a defensive posture in Washington as it tries to stop what's known as "concealed carry reciprocity" from becoming law. That will include starting to score congressional votes, like the National Rifle Association does, to guide spending decisions more directly.

That measure would effectively loosen gun laws significantly by holding gun owners to the laws of their own state when carrying their weapons in other states, no matter how different the laws are in, for example, Texas versus New York.

A bill to legalize concealed carry reciprocity was introduced last month with the strong support of the NRA, and Trump said during his campaign that he supported it.

Everytown is brandishing its significant spending in the 2016 New Hampshire Senate race that former Republican Sen. Kelly Ayotte lost narrowly — the group targeted her for voting against background checks in 2013 — as a warning to other senators up in 2018 and possibly 2020 as well.

Gun control group vows $25M to fight 'concealed carry'

I keep hearing Bloomberg is a billionaire 7-8 times over, but he only spends dribs and drabs, wondering how much of his liquidity is tied up, and how much of the amount is fantasy, as he has made unilateral personal disarmament his life long goal.

I certainly hope that the next few years can be productive and get NATIONWIDE 2nd Amendment Laws straightened out at the Federal level. It's crazy that some local city council idiots can decide to deny American Citizens their Constitutional Rights pretty much anytime they feel like it.

I keep hearing Bloomberg is a billionaire 7-8 times over, but he only spends dribs and drabs, wondering how much of his liquidity is tied up, and how much of the amount is fantasy, as he has made unilateral personal disarmament his life long goal.

I'm surprised he doesn't spend more (if he has it). If I had his money you can bet pro-gun groups would be better funded than anyone out there.

I certainly hope that the next few years can be productive and get NATIONWIDE 2nd Amendment Laws straightened out at the Federal level. It's crazy that some local city council idiots can decide to deny American Citizens their Constitutional Rights pretty much anytime they feel like it.

Seriously. I'm seeing glimmers of hope, but what worries me is other more pressing matters (like Syria) putting it on the back burner.

New Resource Reviews

Back Top