JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not sure why a purported visiting gay Aussie journalist is pushing the cause down under since they have followed the United Kindom's handgun policies? Oh wait, according to the article, quote:

According to the Human Rights Center (HRC), a US LGBTI advocacy group, 52 gay people were murdered in the US last year because of their sexuality...unquote.

Please note, the article doesn't state how these folk were killed.

[sidebar: interesting quote was found: At least 52 LGBTQ individuals were killed because of their sexual orientation or gender identity in 2017, a rise of about 86% from 2016, according to a new report from the National Coalition of Anti-Violence Programs. Anti-LGBTQ homicides almost doubled in 2017 Interestingly, to note where they say their data originated!]

Further, I am a bit dismayed & aghast the journalist referred to another gay advocate in this manner: Jeff breaks every stereotype," said Abboud. "He's super buff, super butch, the straightest gay man I have ever met and he has tons of guns in his home." "...he's the sweetest, gentlest, most loving guy you'd know."

Final this journalist self promotion bias is showing, "
Abboud said the message he received was that the political divisions in US society were making gay people more fearful than they had been for some time. Others said the police could no longer be trusted to protect the LGBTI community or they took too long to react. "Jeff said that the threat came from the culture and climate he is now living under as well as the [homophobic] things he has heard,"

Finally, HRO is a decent organization but is in the business to generate $$$$$ through shock and awe newspeek but the real question is why the NY POST pushed the BS in the first place.

Bottom line, what was the point, except to glean headlines and profit shares for the POST!

BTW, the Pinks Pistols are great programs across the country.

PS: doing further research, the National Coalition of Anti-Violence is strictly a New York state entity...oh as the article from The NY Post ~ totally self promoting BS.

Last Edited:
Terrible article, but I'm very happy to see this trend continuing. We as gun owners should encourage and support *everyone* taking responsibly for their person safety and practicing their 2A rights.

While I think their premise is misguided and maybe even stupid - they have the same rights to guns as every other law-abiding non-felon in this country.....regardless of their reason given.

The "party" they tend to support, is also the "party" that fully supports the animals who want to kill them. The enemy of their supposed enemy is certainly NOT their friend.

Not sure why a purported visiting gay Aussie journalist is pushing the cause down under since they have followed the United Kindom's handgun policies? Oh wait, according to the article, quote:

According to the Human Rights Center (HRC), a US LGBTI advocacy group, 52 gay people were murdered in the US last year because of their sexuality...unquote.

Please note, the article doesn't state how these folk were killed.

[sidebar: interesting quote was found: At least 52 LGBTQ individuals were killed because of their sexual orientation or gender identity in 2017, a rise of about 86% from 2016, according to a new report from the National Coalition of Anti-Violence Programs. Anti-LGBTQ homicides almost doubled in 2017 Interestingly, to note where they say their data originated!]

Further, I am a bit dismayed & aghast the journalist referred to another gay advocate in this manner: Jeff breaks every stereotype," said Abboud. "He's super buff, super butch, the straightest gay man I have ever met and he has tons of guns in his home." "...he's the sweetest, gentlest, most loving guy you'd know."

Final this journalist self promotion bias is showing, "
Abboud said the message he received was that the political divisions in US society were making gay people more fearful than they had been for some time. Others said the police could no longer be trusted to protect the LGBTI community or they took too long to react. "Jeff said that the threat came from the culture and climate he is now living under as well as the [homophobic] things he has heard,"

Finally, HRO is a decent organization but is in the business to generate $$$$$ through shock and awe newspeek but the real question is why the NY POST pushed the BS in the first place.

Bottom line, what was the point, except to glean headlines and profit shares for the POST!

BTW, the Pinks Pistols are great programs across the country.

PS: doing further research, the National Coalition of Anti-Violence is strictly a New York state entity...oh as the article from The NY Post ~ totally self promoting BS.

I thought Omar Mateen took out more than 50 queers all on his own:eek:

Sorry billdeserthill, et al., the disparaging name calling isn't in the forum's creed.

Any loss of life because someone dislikes an individual's religion, or is in a DV situation, or ethnicity, or sexual preference, or under the color of law, or is by their own hand is an tragedy which impacts this nation's families, economic structure as well as continues to exacerbate the division within the country, thus keeping its citzens in a perpetual state of turmoil and distracts it's citizens from moving forward.

Sorry billdeserthill, et al., the disparaging name calling isn't in the forum's creed.

Any loss of life because someone dislikes an individual's religion, or is in a DV situation, or ethnicity, or sexual preference, or under the color of law, or is by their own hand is an tragedy which impacts this nation's families, economic structure as well as continues to exacerbate the division within the country, thus keeping its citzens in a perpetual state of turmoil and distracts it's citizens from moving forward.

Sorry, I didn't mean to insult You-
I think folks should do as they wish, as long as they don't hurt others
I won't fault You for your bisexual lifestyle

Sorry, I didn't mean to insult You-
I think folks should do as they wish, as long as they don't hurt others
I won't fault You for your bisexual lifestyle

I am amazed you now have the audacity to persist in exhibiting and applying your bigoted attitude where you feel the need to now personally insult this member's character and veracity in such a manner.

Moderator(s) respectfully request you please leave billdeserthill's commentary in place as evidence of their enlighten adult perspective, understanding, and their true character towards other individuals of this forum and others within our nation.

Alas billdeserthill, through your words you have shown me as well as JQPublic visitors to this public forum your biases and intent and I for one have found it wanting!

I am amazed you now have the audacity to persist in exhibiting and applying your bigoted attitude where you feel the need to now personally insult this member's character and veracity in such a manner.

Moderator(s) respectfully request you please leave billdeserthill's commentary in place as evidence of their enlighten adult perspective, understanding, and their true character towards other individuals of this forum and others within our nation.

Alas billdeserthill, through your words you have shown me as well as JQPublic visitors to this public forum your biases and intent and I for one have found it wanting!

I was really just joking around, I don't actually know what your sexual preferences may be-- hell for all I know you are tri-sexual :rolleyes:

New Resource Reviews

Back Top