JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You can build it however you want.
With or without muzzle device, or anything else, I dont know what fin wraps are though.
The only thing you can't do is put a vertical grip on the fore end, that'd make it an AOW, and require a tax stamp.

I think doing that would be much better
Thanks.

Most places have to use a serial number to log it in when they do the cerekoting. With an 80% you don't have one so it makes it kinda difficult. In WA I didn't have a choice but to be honest not sure how they do that here in AZ I haven't had anything done since I moved.

Most places have to use a serial number to log it in when they do the cerekoting. With an 80% you don't have one so it makes it kinda difficult. In WA I didn't have a choice but to be honest not sure how they do that here in AZ I haven't had anything done since I moved.

But if the 80% lower has not been finish machined, it is not a firearm. They should only have to log serial numbers of actual firearms.

A couple of us have no idea what a 'fin wrap' is. Are you talking about the wrap tape that people put on the buffer tube?? I personally think that any AR pistol looks stupid without an arm brace on it.

Last Edited:
Your homebuilt AR handgun CANNOT have a permanent provision for a buttstock, also known as a buffer tube with six positions to adjust the length of pull. I saw a build on which the owner had a collapsing carbine stock. Absolutely illegal.

Groove on this one I built. The thang where the stock would normally be is produced by KAK Industries. The forward grip is by Nightstrike; notice how it's not so vertical to be said to be a "vertical grip." The buffer tube does not have holes in it for indexing a stock; makes it even more legal. Sadly, this poor baby was lost in a terrible boating accident just a few days ago...

AR-15 handgun - small.JPG

So I'm clear your saying you can't use an adjustable kak blade or arm brace? Or we can?

Because all my pistols have an adjustable on them
From what I know you cannot use the standard, six-position buffer tube you'd use on a shoulder-fired wheppin because that tube constitutes the "permanent provision for a buttstock." The KAK Industries buffer tube has the guiderail, but does not have the holes for the six positions. That's what makes it legal to use it as the buffer tube for a handgun. The cheekpiece is held in place by screws and friction, and it works quite well. I'm speaking only from the experience I gained in assembling this one item. I made dam-ned sure everything I did was legal. It's a total bummer to go to federal prison for ten years because I wanted to save $75 or whatever it was on the tube and cheekpiece...

From what I know you cannot use the standard, six-position buffer tube you'd use on a shoulder-fired wheppin because that tube constitutes the "permanent provision for a buttstock." The KAK Industries buffer tube has the guiderail, but does not have the holes for the six positions. That's what makes it legal to use it as the buffer tube for a handgun. The cheekpiece is held in place by screws and friction, and it works quite well. I'm speaking only from the experience I gained in assembling this one item. I made dam-ned sure everything I did was legal. It's a total bummer to go to federal prison for ten years because I wanted to save $75 or whatever it was on the tube and cheekpiece...

Just so you know the new gen 2 kak blades come with the adjustable options

False. All false and nothing but false so help me SB Tactical. Lol

Anyways the buffer tube selection has nothing to do with anything else. Lots of "braces" use a. Normal adjustable tube.

The reason why? People's arms are different lengths and to use the brace as designed the area that the strap goes around needs to be Adjustable...... So really it's for people who are handcapible.......

If to happens to also adjust the LOP when using it not as designed:s0158:

I built mine almost three years ago. There may very well have been changes and innovations about which I am unaware. I sort of remember I fired it eighteen times and then lost it in a terrible boating accident...

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Prescott Valley, AZ
Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top