Welcome to Southwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Other State Baltimore: More Gun Control, More Crime

Reactions
Good read. It shows that politicians still haven't figured out that their strategy is not working to reduce criminal violence.

"The city of Chicago banned handgun ownership in 1982, and that ban was in place till 2010. Homicide numbers, while the ban was in place, were even higher than the homicides numbers Chicago has infamously racked up during the recent year. For example, Americans were aghast when..." they read the numbers of homicides in Chicago.

Just looking at the figures between the early 90s and recent stats you might believe that the gun control measures are having an effect by reducing the yearly death toll in the last quarter century. But, a closer look will reveal that this is not true and the figures fail to account for the great strides in life-saving care provided by the Class One trauma centers in Chicago and other large, crime-ridden U.S. cities.

The numbers also give a false picture of the problem by neither showing the rising number of shooting victims nor those that are permanently disabled by the failed political policies and a lenient justice system.

Last edited:
Reactions
They both have segments of our population that appear to act on impulses - regardless of consequences.

They show it at the polls.
They show it on the street.
They do not recognize laws.
They do no recognize consequences.
More laws mean nothing to those people, and they never will.

OP
DB Wesner

DB Wesner

Reactions
More laws mean nothing to those people, and they never will.
Especially when they aren't enforced, the jails have revolving doors and Judges won't hammer the offender.
The perfect recipe for Pols to scream they need yet even more draconian laws.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Arizona State Fairgrounds
1826 W McDowell Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85007, USA
Reno Convention Center
4590 S Virginia St, Reno, NV 89502, USA
The Pavilions
475 S Grand Central Pkwy, Las Vegas, NV 89106, USA

NEW CLASSIFIED ADS

LATEST REVIEWS

• Murphy's Guns and Gunsmithing
    5.00 star(s)
    When I go in I usually will watch and listen to employees before I choose which one to talk to...
    • Gunsandgars
  • Murphy's Guns and Gunsmithing
    4.00 star(s)
    I have purchased new and used from them. I was lucky a while back and they had a Armalite AR10A...
    • Belevolk
  • Bruno Shooter Supply
    5.00 star(s)
    Not really a gun store per se, although they do have a couple rifles there for sale, but Bruno...
    • wildcat455
  • Ammo AZ
    5.00 star(s)
    Great place,awesome staff and customer service. Have personally done business with them numerous...
    • Tecj68
  • AJI Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    I have purchased a couple of firearms from AJI. They have a good balance of tactical and other...
    • 1971Chevelle