Welcome to Southwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

An easy 2D drawing tool?

Reactions
It's pretty intuitive to use, easy to navigate, and easy to figure out, just remember your high school learnin of geometry and basic maths and you pretty much got it!

Reactions
I remember from when I did my first mildcat round between July 2008 to its first firing in July 2012 that it's not possible to dimension the radius at the neck because there is no distinct point there. The member of the bulletin board of which I was also a member at the time said such a measurement makes the drawing "constrained" or "overly-constrained." I drew things for years and years on vellum with triangles and a T-square. I never knew much about constraints.

I appreciate the effort you're putting toward this. It's amazing to me that you'd spend a small portion of your holiday weekend on my behalf...
It's just stacking error. If you have a right triangle and say one straight leg is X the other straight leg is Y the hypotenuse is always going to follow the pythagorean square. Further, the angles of the triangle are always going to be determined by the tangent of X/Y, in most cases, unless you're using a 45deg angle, the X and Y are never going to give a whole degree, or X and Y will not be whole numbers, they might not even be rational numbers. With this in mind, it's much easier to say the angle has a leg that's X long, and this angle, and let the computer determine what the value of Y is.

I'm working this weekend anyways, and this literally takes so little time, I think I've put 25 minutes in.

Can a brain-damaged trucker learn to use LibreCAD in less than a year?
I learned to use it in about 2-3 days. I picked up solidworks in a week.

NEW CLASSIFIED ADS

LATEST REVIEWS

• Bruno Shooter Supply
    4.00 star(s)
    When I can get there, I never leave without buying something I needs, because they always have something I need!
    • armoredman
  • New Frontier Armory
    5.00 star(s)
    Great store and inventory, they have a lot of items. The staff is always friendly and helpful. This place gets really busy and you have to take a...
    • djthumper
  • Las Vegas Shooting Center
    5.00 star(s)
    Lots of room to get around in the store. The range looked nicely lit. Friendly staff.
    • djthumper
  • Clark County Shooting Complex
    5.00 star(s)
    I like the range, the staff is friendly and helpful. I wish they were open on Mondays, especially those holiday Mondays. I have been to our other...
    • djthumper
  • Bruno Shooter Supply
    5.00 star(s)
    I drove up there from Chandler to get what I needed. Simple layout, products on shelves, no BS marketing fluff or decorations or signage. No...
    • MadDuner