Welcome to Southwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

2000 Jeep Wrangler Turbo Diesel

Reactions
Rating
0%
Ad Type
For Trade
City
Camp Verde
State
Arizona
I'm looking to trade my 2000 TDI Wrangler 5-speed. This was the first diesel conversion I built, and thus it was the "pilot" model. It has the 1.9 BEW VW TDI, which develops about 175 hp/275 lbs ft of torque. Yes, it's fast and performs very well off road. With it goes a spare engine and other parts; it runs and drives, but know it is a one-off project vehicle. The tire carrier, anti-rock, and bumpers have been removed, but the original bumper and carrier are on it now. Bestop trektop, seats, tummy tuck, 33 12.50 15"s on OE Golden Eagle Ravines, Dana 44/30, more.

PM me for more info. Looking to trade for certain Colt DA revolvers, L frame S&W -4 and older revolvers.

56035836378__9C3EBD27-907F-42DB-AF7F-949DB9E960D4.JPG

Rules & Terms
I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Reactions
Rating
0%
WOW! What sort of Cash Price would you entertain?
I would be interested in info on that conversion, I have a 46 Jeep -2A I want to Resto-Mod, a Diesel would be frickin awesome!

OP
westernjeep401
Reactions
Rating
0%
It's pretty high for the VW build, even in the definitive form. 8-12k, which isn't practical now that the support and supply of those is basically drying up. A 4B Cummins or OM617 Mercedes is always an option, as there are adapters readily available and engines fully mechanical. However, both are heavy, smoky, and noisy, whereas the modern engines are very responsive, quiet, and relatively clean, which really matters if you're in a group on the trail.

OP
westernjeep401
Reactions
Rating
0%
Oh, and speaking of the build, you lose about 200-250 lbs, and the center of gravity shifts more 55/45, which is really handy when nose down or severely off camber. And speaking speaking of center of gravity, the most intriguingly sensible conversion I like is a 4.3 L35 or LU3 vortech v-6 with the 4L60E automatic. You get higher revs and that important center of gravity, along with a great transmission. Of course, it's still mogas.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Arizona State Fairgrounds
1826 W McDowell Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85007, USA
Reno Convention Center
4590 S Virginia St, Reno, NV 89502, USA
The Pavilions
475 S Grand Central Pkwy, Las Vegas, NV 89106, USA

NEW CLASSIFIED ADS

LATEST REVIEWS

• Murphy's Guns and Gunsmithing
    5.00 star(s)
    When I go in I usually will watch and listen to employees before I choose which one to talk to...
    • Gunsandgars
  • Murphy's Guns and Gunsmithing
    4.00 star(s)
    I have purchased new and used from them. I was lucky a while back and they had a Armalite AR10A...
    • Belevolk
  • Bruno Shooter Supply
    5.00 star(s)
    Not really a gun store per se, although they do have a couple rifles there for sale, but Bruno...
    • wildcat455
  • Ammo AZ
    5.00 star(s)
    Great place,awesome staff and customer service. Have personally done business with them numerous...
    • Tecj68
  • AJI Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    I have purchased a couple of firearms from AJI. They have a good balance of tactical and other...
    • 1971Chevelle