JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Trade
City
Camp Verde
State
Arizona
I'm looking to trade my 2000 TDI Wrangler 5-speed. This was the first diesel conversion I built, and thus it was the "pilot" model. It has the 1.9 BEW VW TDI, which develops about 175 hp/275 lbs ft of torque. Yes, it's fast and performs very well off road. With it goes a spare engine and other parts; it runs and drives, but know it is a one-off project vehicle. The tire carrier, anti-rock, and bumpers have been removed, but the original bumper and carrier are on it now. Bestop trektop, seats, tummy tuck, 33 12.50 15"s on OE Golden Eagle Ravines, Dana 44/30, more.

PM me for more info. Looking to trade for certain Colt DA revolvers, L frame S&W -4 and older revolvers.

56035836378__9C3EBD27-907F-42DB-AF7F-949DB9E960D4.JPG

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
WOW! What sort of Cash Price would you entertain?
I would be interested in info on that conversion, I have a 46 Jeep -2A I want to Resto-Mod, a Diesel would be frickin awesome!

Man I don't know...never come close to the investment, unless I scrapped it for individual parts. It's why if the right set of revolvers came along, I'd let the mess go to a great home.

It's pretty high for the VW build, even in the definitive form. 8-12k, which isn't practical now that the support and supply of those is basically drying up. A 4B Cummins or OM617 Mercedes is always an option, as there are adapters readily available and engines fully mechanical. However, both are heavy, smoky, and noisy, whereas the modern engines are very responsive, quiet, and relatively clean, which really matters if you're in a group on the trail.

Oh, and speaking of the build, you lose about 200-250 lbs, and the center of gravity shifts more 55/45, which is really handy when nose down or severely off camber. And speaking speaking of center of gravity, the most intriguingly sensible conversion I like is a 4.3 L35 or LU3 vortech v-6 with the 4L60E automatic. You get higher revs and that important center of gravity, along with a great transmission. Of course, it's still mogas.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.