National Will the Supreme Court Use a New York City Regulation to Strike Down Gun Laws?

Discussion in 'Firearm-Related News' started by Joe Link, Jan 28, 2019.

1. targetshooter

targetshooter
    So. AZ

with a little bit of hope.

2. nvshooter

nvshooter
    Nevada

The way I see it, any law that restricts the Liberties of everyday Americans needs striking-down as soon as possible. I pray to God that Kavanaugh is the champion of Freedom we were told he was when Trump nominated him...

3. billdeserthill

billdeserthill
    Cave Creek, AZ

2nd Amendment is the only amendment that specifically says "Shall not be infringed", yet is infringed upon more that all the rest

4. Inquisitor

Inquisitor
    Lebanon, KS

Although the article is blatantly anti-gun, it does give (with a bias) the basics.

I have a Concealed Carry Handgun License in KS. If I want to drive to NY for a visit, I have to drive through KS, MO, IL, IN, OH, PA, and NY. My permit is recognized in KS, MO, IN, OH, and PA but not in IL and NY. IL law, however, allows me to travel with a concealed handgun in my vehicle and possess a firearm in a residence, since I do have a permit. However, if I take my handgun into NY, I can be arrested and charged with illegal possession of a loaded firearm no matter how that firearm and ammunition is stored. This means that NY law prevents me from legal possession of a firearm for self-protection while traveling in KS, MO, IL, IN, OH, and PA because NY, my destination, requires a permit to possess a firearm and does not issue these permits to non-residents. NY law also prevents me from legally having a firearm for self-protection in a residence while in NY. How is any of this not unconstitutional in view of recent Supreme Court decisions and Article IV, Section 1 of the Constitution of the United States?

The Constitution of the United States
    Article. IV. - The States
    Section 1 - Each State to Honor all others

Full Faith and Credit shall be given in each State to the public Acts, Records, and judicial
    Proceedings of every other State. And the Congress may by general Laws prescribe the
    Manner in which such Acts, Records and Proceedings shall be proved, and the Effect
    thereof.

5. targetshooter

targetshooter
    So. AZ

What about NJ? Or are you going to get to NYC By driving thru Buffalo, or close to it?

6. Inquisitor

Inquisitor
    Lebanon, KS

Don't have to go to NYC, the State already has me hamstrung!

7. billdeserthill

billdeserthill
    Cave Creek, AZ

The Blue Press by Dillon has a good article this month on pg 40, by Alan Korwin
    "Any legislative, administrative or other proposal that would decrease, suspend, delay or eliminate due process, including but not limited to so-called 'red flag' rules for an American citizen, is null and void. Any elected, appointed, employed or other person acting in an official capacity who proffers such a proposal shall be subject to an ethics board review and disciplinary action", he can be reached at www.gunlaws.com/