JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
During the civil rights movement or opposition to the Vietnam conflict, secondary schools did not facilitate school sanctioned political student 'walk outs', so what has changed?

The school admistrators who grew up upset they couldn't protest while they were in HS during these periods so are abrogating their professional ethics and following, under the guise of 'educational' civic opportunity, a push for this political issue?

Would these same administrative overseers agree to school period protests concerning the district's lunch charging profit center ?

Would a school district permit student body protests regarding the treatment of past abuses by religious leaders?

Or LGBT issues?

Glad parents are complaining as this is a self serving promotion by school administrators!

What could you expect? The teachers are the ones who started the ME CENTRIC bowel movement that these taker kids follow. Everything is WHATS IN IT FOR ME, and the continuing trash about the forwarding of the progressive movement. There's no responsibility for the actions of either generation, they are all just happy to ask for and accept all the stuff that they are awarded by the likes of the Obama's and their followers and the dark government that is taking control of this country.

Its long past the time that common sense people in this country start demanding the governance that we've been paying for all these years, and to demand that someone be held accountable for the millions that all our representatives have been stealing and giving away.

"Congressman Mark Amodei won't apologize to a Washoe County high school student who was suspended after delivering profanity-laced remarks to the lawmaker's office during the national walkout last week.

The ACLU of Nevada sent Amodei a letter on Monday, urging him to issue the student — 17-year-old Noah Christiansen who attends Robert McQueen High School — an apology because a complaint from the congressman's staffer led to a two-day suspension.

ACLU officials said Christiansen called the congressman's office Wednesday and pleaded for lawmakers to "get off their f—ing asses" and enact gun-reform legislation that would help keep children safe at school. Specifically, Christiansen asked the congressman to support raising the minimum age to buy a gun and to ban bump stocks, the weapon modification that accelerates the rate of gunfire."
Amodei defends his office's response to a 'vulgar' phone call from a student

Forgive me, WTF is the school thinking interceded with a suspension after a young adult exercising his 1st A right?

Something is circling the drain in our country!

Last Edited:
The first amendment protects your right to say what you want without the government putting you away for doing so. It has nothing to do with what happens to you as a result of your actions by others. Should the kid be suspended by the school for a phone call? Hell no. Other kids get suspended from school for going to the shooting range with their parents or having a photo taken of them holding a legal weapon that they are allowed to own. That's not right either.

17 years old is NOT an adult. If that young idiot wants to do away with his own personal rights as protected by the Constitution of the United States - then all he needs to do is commit a felony once he becomes AN ADULT and he'll learn all about losing them. He can say whatever he wants - but nobody has any responsibility to remove the rights of other ADULTS because some young leftist agenda damaged brain has been exposed to Communist propaganda their entire lives.

I really feel sorry for the young people of our country. They have no idea what freedom is or really means..... and likely will never know either. Especially if they are so very willing to throw them away for some social media fame. It's not like the leftist agenda spewing educators are going to help them understand it. All they are taught right now is that Freedom means you can choose to be whatever gender you feel like identifying as today.

And before you say it - yes I am bitter about my country being destroyed by the leftists that have taken the long march road to damaging the minds of our young people to the point that they have no idea what freedom is - or even begin to understand the costs in lives that have been paid to keep that freedom, and they nver will.

tough to accomplish Campmeat, as that action takes students and their Title XXX funding away from the communities which are already struggling due to their own budgetary incompetence, uh wait that was my outside voice, disremember that last part!!

Actually, I worry more about:
"The three richest people in the US – Bill Gates, Jeff Bezos and Warren Buffett – own as much wealth as the bottom half of the US population, or 160 million people."
The 3 Richest Americans Hold More Wealth Than Bottom 50% Of The Country, Study Finds

how much tax do they pay?

Or that the religious "order" block do not pay taxes, estimates of 52Billion years would flow into our nation/state's coffers if they were not exempt!

During the civil rights movement or opposition to the Vietnam conflict, secondary schools did not facilitate school sanctioned political student 'walk outs', so what has changed?

The school admistrators who grew up upset they couldn't protest while they were in HS during these periods so are abrogating their professional ethics and following, under the guise of 'educational' civic opportunity, a push for this political issue?

Would these same administrative overseers agree to school period protests concerning the district's lunch charging profit center ?

Would a school district permit student body protests regarding the treatment of past abuses by religious leaders?

Or LGBT issues?

Glad parents are complaining as this is a self serving promotion by school administrators!
The kids at my daughters high school felt obligated to march or be seen as unfeeling towards the loss of life in FL. A lot of the kids viewed the memorial as a pass for a free day out of class, not returning to class after the event. Its disgusting that our children are being used to promote someone's political agenda.

The kids at my daughters high school felt obligated to march or be seen as unfeeling towards the loss of life in FL. A lot of the kids viewed the memorial as a pass for a free day out of class, not returning to class after the event. Its disgusting that our children are being used to promote someone's political agenda.

Thank you joefoam for sharing a parents perspective, it is quite refreshing to hear!

Appreciate

New Resource Reviews

Back Top