JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi, I recently got a Polymer 80 Complete Build Kit w Glock 19 Standard Slide, but as I'm a novice to guns I need a bit of help assembling it. All the parts are included in the kit, but think I need better drills. It would be great help if anyone with experience and skills building guns could give me some guidance, or help me assemble with tools. Thanks.

These have been done using a battery powered drill with no issues. Just make sure that you are drilling straight and you will have no issues. If you are concerned about it, then go to Harbor Freight and pick up a table top drill press.

To make it easier to deal with the tabs on the frame, pick up a set of end cutting pliers (see link below for an example). Not all of them will just cut right through the tabs, but you can work the tool (squeeze, move the tool a little bit left or right, squeeze again, etc.) and eventually the bulk of the tabs will cut off. This will make it less work to file or sand what is left of the tabs.

I would post a video link, but this site won't let me (dumb). Just search for Polymer 80 end cutting pliers on YouTube and you will see several videos. The one that is titled 'SHORT Polymer 80 Process: How to and Tips for Holes, Tabs, and Channel Removal' is a fairly decent one. If you want to be anal about it, then you can watch the videos from MarineGunBuilder.
[h3][/h3]

These have been done using a battery powered drill with no issues. Just make sure that you are drilling straight and you will have no issues. If you are concerned about it, then go to Harbor Freight and pick up a table top drill press.

To make it easier to deal with the tabs on the frame, pick up a set of end cutting pliers (see link below for an example). Not all of them will just cut right through the tabs, but you can work the tool (squeeze, move the tool a little bit left or right, squeeze again, etc.) and eventually the bulk of the tabs will cut off. This will make it less work to file or sand what is left of the tabs.

I would post a video link, but this site won't let me (dumb). Just search for Polymer 80 end cutting pliers on YouTube and you will see several videos. The one that is titled 'SHORT Polymer 80 Process: How to and Tips for Holes, Tabs, and Channel Removal' is a fairly decent one. If you want to be anal about it, then you can watch the videos from MarineGunBuilder.
[h3][/h3]
Thanks for the video

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top