JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
There are several magazine loaders available and I have tried a few of them. The magLULA however is one of the best.
Yes it has a weird name. No it does not come with a pair of LuLuLemon tights.... you have to buy those on your own.

Here's a short video that demonstrates how it works:
MagLULA mag loader for 9-45 mags

Note: this version is optimized for double stack mags. The company makes a single stack insert to center 1911 style single stack mags.
I recommend trying it first, The top of the mag is centered as you push down to load. That might be all you need for 1911.

I have been taking advantage of S&W's $50 rebate along with Black Friday pricing.
My first purchase was the SW Shield Plus in 30 Super Carry which I posted about earlier.
The double stack mags were very stiff and challenging to load.

My 2nd purchase was the SW Shield EZ in 30 SC.
Slide was EZ to rack and mags were easy to load with a 22LR like button you could pull down to load up to 10 rounds
Even though these single stack mags are pretty easy to load,
The MagLULA works on these single stack mags because it centers the top of the mag as you push down the follower with the plunger.

3rd purchase was for the SW Equalizer in 9mm. In addition to 3 magazines, 10, 13, and 15 round, it came with a MagLULA magazine loader.
With many brand new magazines, the last couple of rounds are pretty tough to get in. The MagLULA makes that super easy.
While unloading magazines is generally easy, some of these mags have sharp feed lips and any cut on your finger tips sucks.
The MagLULA has a groove on the side that rides the top round in the mag and has a small protrusion to catch the shell base.
Push the MagLULA over the top round and out it comes, repeat. Rounds come out so fast they will scatter if you don't dump into a bag or onto a rag

After loading several 9mm and 40SW mags, I decided to try the loader on the 30 Super Carry double stack mags for the Shield Plus which were insanely hard.
It made loading 30 Super Carry double stack mags "Super" easy :). The MagLULA should work on most magazines where the plunger fits between the mag lips.
The MagLULA works so well, I'll keep one in the range bag.

I have ordered a couple and plan to stuff Christmas stockings for the shooters in the family

SW Shield Plus Right and magazines.jpg SW Shield EZ 30SC.jpg SW Equalizer.jpg MagLULA & Shield Plus 30SC mag.jpg

New Resource Reviews

Back Top