JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm not really a socialite, and lucky enough to have my own shooting range in a very large backyard, so I probably don't know many, if any of you here. But it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance, wherever it may be.

I shoot a lot. But only a few calibers that I've just begun to appreciate. My main expertise is in .38/.357 Smith&Wesson revolvers. I also shoot ARs and 1911s quite a bit. And lots of .22lr in anything, because it's so much fun.

Welcome!!! So which 1911 is your favorite
Thanks! I have a couple faves: one custom built Caspian and a customized high-cap Para. Both are .45acp. Both have familial associations. And both are very accurate.

However, in the sense of what is most fun shooting... all 1911s, for sure. JMB's design just keeps going. It can be as accurate or rugged as you like. It's fairly easy to strip and work on without too many tools.

Thanks! I have a couple faves: one custom built Caspian and a customized high-cap Para. Both are .45acp. Both have familial associations. And both are very accurate.

However, in the sense of what is most fun shooting... all 1911s, for sure. JMB's design just keeps going. It can be as accurate or rugged as you like. It's fairly easy to strip and work on without too many tools.

agree with you that all of them are fun to shoot. My favorite is my 1951 Colt.

Welcome aboard, fellow gun-aholic, you came to the wrong place if your seeking help quittin, as were all enablers!
Gotta love the 1911's cant seem to have too many of them, their like weeds, always popping up, or like a stray puppy, they just seem to always follow you home!
Love my original Colt SXE ( first firearm I ever purchased on my own at the age of 16) , and my 1941 that was Grand Dads issue during the war! At last count, I think I was up to 13 of um, but would have to check again, as I might have added one or three since last count, I honestly don't remember! Is that a bad thing? :D

Current love is my 10mm 2011 series CK customs I built from an 80% frame with Fusion 6 inch slide and Voodoo Aluminum grip fitted with custom G-10 Grips! That's 17+1 rounds of badarse in your hand and is the most accurate of all that I own! Most of my 1911's are pistols I built from 80% frames, it's an addiction to be sure, nothing like buinding what you want exactly how you want it, with any custom parts and touches you wish, you just cant buy that!

BTW, I'm a Colorado Rocky Mountain High dude, y'all can have that hot desert stuff, I need's me some mountains and trees, and roaring streams, and that cold clean mountain air that takes your breath away, and the views are stunning too. I rest my head on my pillow at 9400 feet!

Last Edited:
Welcome to the group.
I am also in Tucson, trying to get into the new place which is out East and North of Vail. Unfortunately I have some anti gun folk near so shooting on my land is out of the question. When I started construction they walked over and said Hi. We do not like guns and other peoples dogs, I was wearing my 1911 clone and my black mutt was wandering the property. So I suggested that they stay on their side of the fence. At the time I was thinking there were going to be a lot of snakes, fortuntely for me there are not. I do have a young mountain lion in the area as well as the usual critters. Oddly I have not gotten any deer on film in the 2 years I have been out there.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Prescott Valley, AZ
Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top