Welcome to Southwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Fun yard gun

Reactions
I've been wanting an air gun that was as close as possible to the size of my carry M&P9c. This Crosman C11 is a decent compromise.
I have 5 acres of desert and can get away with shooting BB's with no complaints. I've wanted to do some training that you mostly can't do at the range. Hiding behind cars, buildings, and trees. Shooting on the move in any direction is a challenge too. I have to keep reminding myself to pay attention and avoid collateral damage. People in the real world, windows or pets here at home.
Back to the C11. It easily penetrates steel cans @ 7 yards, and is surprisingly accurate. The sights are plain black, which I like for practice. Now, white dots look like runway lights on my carry guns. When firing I sort of simulate recoil/muzzle rise. The trigger has crazy long take up, but does have a decent feel a the firing point. The mag holds 20 shots, but I'm loading 18 now after a couple of feed jams. All and all, I like the opertunity to make holes in stuff here at home..... and train with something where you gotta be a little careful.

IMG_20170716_131512556.jpg

Joe Link

Reactions
I've been wanting an air gun that was as close as possible to the size of my carry M&P9c. This Crosman C11 is a decent compromise.
I have 5 acres of desert and can get away with shooting BB's with no complaints. I've wanted to do some training that you mostly can't do at the range. Hiding behind cars, buildings, and trees. Shooting on the move in any direction is a challenge too. I have to keep reminding myself to pay attention and avoid collateral damage. People in the real world, windows or pets here at home.
Back to the C11. It easily penetrates steel cans @ 7 yards, and is surprisingly accurate. The sights are plain black, which I like for practice. Now, white dots look like runway lights on my carry guns. When firing I sort of simulate recoil/muzzle rise. The trigger has crazy long take up, but does have a decent feel a the firing point. The mag holds 20 shots, but I'm loading 18 now after a couple of feed jams. All and all, I like the opertunity to make holes in stuff here at home..... and train with something where you gotta be a little careful.
What sort of accuracy is that C11 capable of (group size)?

UPCOMING EVENTS

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Dixie Center
1835 S Convention Center Dr, St. George, UT 84790, USA
Arizona State Fairgrounds
1826 W McDowell Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85007, USA
Pima County Fair
11300 S Houghton Rd, Tucson, AZ 85747, USA

NEW CLASSIFIED ADS

LATEST REVIEWS

• Murphy's Guns and Gunsmithing
    5.00 star(s)
    When I go in I usually will watch and listen to employees before I choose which one to talk to...
    • Gunsandgars
  • Murphy's Guns and Gunsmithing
    4.00 star(s)
    I have purchased new and used from them. I was lucky a while back and they had a Armalite AR10A...
    • Belevolk
  • Bruno Shooter Supply
    5.00 star(s)
    Not really a gun store per se, although they do have a couple rifles there for sale, but Bruno...
    • wildcat455
  • Ammo AZ
    5.00 star(s)
    Great place,awesome staff and customer service. Have personally done business with them numerous...
    • Tecj68
  • AJI Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    I have purchased a couple of firearms from AJI. They have a good balance of tactical and other...
    • 1971Chevelle