JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm paying Verizon just under $1000 per year for my cellphone service; $82-some every month. Has anybody here investigated outfits like US Cellular and Pure Talk? To hear Hannity, I'd save about fifty bucks a month with Pure Talk. I'm looking for opinions by real people, not spiels from marketing or advertising firms that will tell me what I want to hear. I broached this idea at my local Verizon office and was told that defectors usually switch back at some later time because they found the alternative service to be less than stellar. Well, what would you expect a Verizon employee to say? If you've switched from one of the big carriers to one of the alternative carriers, I'd like to hear why you did so and if you're satisfied or not with the change.

Been on Consumer Cell for about 5 years. So far OK
Just looked at Consumer Cellular. Unless I read it in error, it looks like they want a migrating customer to buy one of their phones. That's the deal-breaker for me. I paid over $100/month for my phone and the service for about three years. I'm in no hurry to go through that kind of garbage again. I shall continue to look for a better plan...

Double check US vs Verizon coverage areas. 2009 we bought s cabin 55 miles North of Las Vegas at 6200 ' elevation and were with Verizon. The Realtor was my wife's cousin using another major provider.
She could not even communicate with us while looking at our cabin. Subsequently we are still with Verizon along with their ups and downs since there are still no other providers for this area. We would change but it's a mute point. Double Check with friends and neighbors on coverage in your decision.

nvshooter,

I moved from ATT to US Mobile. They run on Verizon towers and support 5 G where available. I pay $37 a month for 3 iphones. Data plan is pooled between all three phones, and currently have is set for 4 GB. If you run out of data it is only a matter of minutes to add more.

As long as your phone works on att its ok. You dont need to buy a phone. You may need a sim card. I think Target stores have a CC booth. Ask them I dont know the details. I pay about $45 for 2 phones per mo. but I dont use a lot of data.

Had consumer for 10yrs, when they went woke, switched to Patriot, paying 24+ month unlimited talk text, seldom use data so only have 500 on that.
They use verizon and att towers.

Had consumer for 10 yrs ... when they went woke ... switched to Patriot ...
No way in helsinki I'm going to send money to a "woke" outfit, so Consumer Cellular is not on the ballot. I have heard of Patriot Mobile. I did a quick search and I see that Patriot Mobile is a Christian conservative wireless provider. That gives them a big leg-up with me when comes the time to switch.

New Resource Reviews

Back Top