JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So for one of the more recent sales, (Memorial Day) PSA was selling their 3.5lb trigger for $75 I think, and I've been looking for a better trigger experience for a while, as my main AR build this was going to live in is a 16" SS barrel I use for shooting at longer ranges. I finally got around to getting to the range yesterday, but I wasn't shooting my normal 5.56 upper, but a .300BLK upper. I'm trying to figure out if it's a problem with the trigger or just my usage of it, but it was stupid easy to bumpfire from the shoulder to the point I was doing it unintentionally. The trigger passes the standard tests: put on safe, no fire. put on fire, fire, hold trigger down cycle bolt, release, fire.

It doesn't seem to be defective, is this an issue on my end, or is there something else going on?

The one thing I can think of, the trigger didn't come with any instructions, how critical are those set screws in the bottom?

My Timney trigger is a bit like that, you'll get used to it.
I installed anti-walk pins and then just snugged the set screws up.
Ok, I wasn't sure if something was wrong, or I was just unprepared for what was happening. Besides, an easy bumpfire isn't always a bad thing. Next time I go out, I'll take my .22LR kit and see if I can get a bit more used to it.

I have one. Nice trigger for eighty bucks...
Also have a single-stage Velocity; trips at 3.5 pounds. I like the two-stage 1005 Tactical. It "meets the wall" at 2 pounds, and trips at 4.5 pounds. I like it because once you feel the wall at 2 pounds, you know it's going to fire right soon with not too much more pressure.

So got out to the range, put the 5.56/22LR upper on (I use the CMMG conversion kit quite a bit). It seemed that it was mostly a training issue. I was able to get it to bumpfire probably more easily than I would like, but it was fairly easy to not, just by being conscious about what I was doing.

New Resource Reviews

Back Top