JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Has anyone else had a terrible customer service experience with Bass Pro Shops? I placed an order back in March. When I inquired about a ship date, I was told they expected a new shipment of ammo in April.
In late April I contacted them again, and was told the next shipment was expected in early June. Now here in June I called them, and the agent on the phone was clueless about the specifics of my order.

I get that ammo has been in short supply and tough to get, but they never bother to update me unless I contact them, my order wont show detail other than order number on the website, and they still have no
clue about when I might get anything. They have offered me zero compensation for my trouble, and even told me I was free to cancel the order anytime.

Well, they're just dudes who work for $15/hr behind the counter in a large corporate interstate chain-store, and aren't in charge of anything, let alone have the ability to "drill down" and parse out corporate ordering and district logistics, then compare all the outstanding backordered inventory against the (I'm sure) myriad lists of other impatient people waiting for the plethora of merchandise they want.

For all anyone knows BPS (or any other vendor further up the supply chain) is behind on their AP and their vendors are suspending further shipments until they're caught up... they'll never tell YOU that, even if the "counter minions" knew about it.

My $100M a year employer has had to suspend some rather long-time, large volume customer's accounts because our AR department flagged them for being 5 and 6 figures WAY past due.

Not trying to be an a$$, but what sort of "compensation" are you looking for? You're not being "damaged" other than not getting monthly, weekly (or hourly) updates, and not getting what you want, when you want... right? If you paid money, then get a refund and shop around elsewhere, it happens.

Well, they're just dudes who work for $15/hr behind the counter in a large corporate interstate chain-store, and aren't in charge of anything, let alone have the ability to "drill down" and parse out corporate ordering and district logistics, then compare all the outstanding backordered inventory against the (I'm sure) myriad lists of other impatient people waiting for the plethora of merchandise they want.

For all anyone knows BPS (or any other vendor further up the supply chain) is behind on their AP and their vendors are suspending further shipments until they're caught up... they'll never tell YOU that, even if the "counter minions" knew about it.

My $100M a year employer has had to suspend some rather long-time, large volume customer's accounts because our AR department flagged them for being 5 and 6 figures WAY past due.

Not trying to be an a$$, but what sort of "compensation" are you looking for? You're not being "damaged" other than not getting monthly, weekly (or hourly) updates, and not getting what you want, when you want... right? If you paid money, then get a refund and shop around elsewhere, it happens.

My order was placed online. I have only dealt with them via email and on the phone. I am still waiting on an order placed in MID MARCH.
In contrast, I placed an order with Able Ammo this past weekend and it is already on it's way to me.

(Bad service example 1)Well if they didn't have the ammo in stock to begin with, they should have never taken my order, or told me UPFRONT it was on back order, and given me the option, THEN.(Bad service example 2) Instead they took the order, and when I inquired about when it might ship a week later, it was only then I was told it was on back order and a shipment was expected in early April. (Bad service example 3) After waiting patiently and NO CONTACT about an early April restock and shipment of my order, I again contacted THEM in late April, and the reply was now they didn't expect a new shipment until early JUNE. (Bad service example 4) Just this week I contacted them BY PHONE this time. When I inquired about the order, the agent on the phone told me they were still waiting on a shipment to fill my order of 00 buckshot. I NEVER ordered 00 buckshot. My order was for #4 buckshot or 4BK on the box. The agent had to check with a supervisor, and came back to tell me their was a mistake in the system but they would correct it. And then I was told if I was unhappy, I could cancel my order, since at this point I was aflame.

I guess thinking they should be offering me a gift certificate, or free shipping, or some other compensation was completely unreasonable on my part.

My order was placed online. I have only dealt with them via email and on the phone. I am still waiting on an order placed in MID MARCH.
In contrast, I placed an order with Able Ammo this past weekend and it is already on it's way to me.

(Bad service example 1)Well if they didn't have the ammo in stock to begin with, they should have never taken my order, or told me UPFRONT it was on back order, and given me the option, THEN.(Bad service example 2) Instead they took the order, and when I inquired about when it might ship a week later, it was only then I was told it was on back order and a shipment was expected in early April. (Bad service example 3) After waiting patiently and NO CONTACT about an early April restock and shipment of my order, I again contacted THEM in late April, and the reply was now they didn't expect a new shipment until early JUNE. (Bad service example 4) Just this week I contacted them BY PHONE this time. When I inquired about the order, the agent on the phone told me they were still waiting on a shipment to fill my order of 00 buckshot. I NEVER ordered 00 buckshot. My order was for #4 buckshot or 4BK on the box. The agent had to check with a supervisor, and came back to tell me their was a mistake in the system but they would correct it. And then I was told if I was unhappy, I could cancel my order, since at this point I was aflame.

I guess thinking they should be offering me a gift certificate, or free shipping, or some other compensation was completely unreasonable on my part.

Yeah, sounds like their IT people are sleeping at the switch... after hearing more details like that, I'd be irritated too.

I was a little late to the party this time around myself, and I spread around some of my ordering, including Bass Pro, and some of the other online outlets. Yea, BP acted like "we'll have this next week" and it's not until you log-in later that they tell you it's going to be a month.

If these were normal days, I might agree with you, but they're not. We're dealing with a gun, ammo, crunch, in the midst of a global pandemic and street riots. This is quite literally one of the most complex apocalypses I ever could have imagined, because I still have to go to work and pay my rent.

I was a little late to the party this time around myself, and I spread around some of my ordering, including Bass Pro, and some of the other online outlets. Yea, BP acted like "we'll have this next week" and it's not until you log-in later that they tell you it's going to be a month.

If these were normal days, I might agree with you, but they're not. We're dealing with a gun, ammo, crunch, in the midst of a global pandemic and street riots. This is quite literally one of the most complex apocalypses I ever could have imagined, because I still have to go to work and pay my rent.

And yet I placed an order with Able Ammo 2 weeks ago and already have my order. The difference is, one is a good company that doesn't take orders for product they don't have in stock, Especially since we are in times of shortages. Other sites list ammo as NOT FOR SALE or OUT OF STOCK since they don't have stock.

You would think a company as big as Basspro/Cabelas would be better run, and that within FOUR MONTHS they would have got at least one shipment to fill my order. STILL NO DELIVERY TO DATE, on an order placed in MID MARCH.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top