JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Howdie folks,
Just a quick drop by for some information. I possess a Ruger new model black hawk. 4 5/8 barrel in blue. Have not shot it much. However, I am looking for a .45 long colt configuration reload that will test the limits. I would like to push a 200 grain projectile to about 1300+ FPS. Purpose being Black bear medicine capable of dissuading a 400+ pound big boar black bear.
My questions are, Will a .45 ACP RCBS die load Long colt? Best powder to use, and of course, how much powder to get the designed results.
I realize pushing such a load would lead and foul the barrel with Lead cast rounds, so I will limit these loads to Copper jacket. I also realize that such power would not be advised for the health of the weapon. It will not be a steady diet. My intent is to master accuracy with this load and use for personal protection in Bear country. Your commentary would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Borderwarrior.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Prescott Valley, AZ
Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top