JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Alas, a youthful shooter, tis the same tired theme originating from the same failed mental health infrastructure but also exacerbated by the young man's extremely dysfunctional parents concerning the young man's psychiatric treatment.

Quote:
...24-year-old David Katz of Baltimore say that as an adolescent he was twice hospitalized in psychiatric facilities and was prescribed antipsychotic and antidepressant medications.

...Katz's parents disagreed on how to care for their troubled son, with his father claiming his estranged wife was exaggerating symptoms of mental illness as part of their long and bitter custody battle. Unquote.

https://www.wishtv.com/national/flo...ce-hospitalized-for-mental-illness/1401277388

I've read several stories about this occurrence. I may be wrong, but it seems to me the killer came to the tournament expecting to win. I remember reading that he'd been defeated twice on the day of the shooting. This story is of such paramount importance to me, I don't remember if he'd been defeated a third time and subsequently eliminated from the competition, or if he'd been defeated twice and then went off the rails with what he ultimately did.

In any event I think we are seeing a person who was unable to deal with defeat. I'm no psychiatrist, but it seems to me he never developed the ability lose in the moment, but to then look forward to the next opportunity for a victory in whatever was being contested. It is as if he lived in the moment and it was either win, or there was no future for him.

Now that we have had a murder at one of these meetings, we'll have to put metal detectors in place. These kids have proven that they are not of sufficient emotional age to suffer a loss. Do we all remember when Tipper Gore was telling us that the government should censor or otherwise have some sort of control over violent video games? I think that was in 1986 or so. Maybe she was right?

New Resource Reviews

Back Top