JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
AMA has been whining for years without much traction except from those physicians who do the 'do you have guns in the home' in process checklist nonsense.

From the self promoting article from webmd, the trauma medical group wants: quote,
The group offers 14 recommendations. They include:
1. strengthening criminal record checks and applying checks to all gun sales;
2. a uniform waiting period between gun purchase and delivery;
3. safety training;
4. strict regulation of the sale of semi-automatics, booster accessories such as trigger activators, and high-volume ammunition;
5. reporting all gun sales;
6. requiring owners to report lost or stolen guns to the police; and
7. removing guns from people accused of domestic violence or threatening violence until their cases have been resolved. Unquote.

First, i guess the trauma group(s) is better at medical emergencies than math!

Second, imguess the trauma groups needs a basic lesson on firearm terminology as what is high-volume ammunition or reporting all gun sales?

Third, personally do not see any problem with #1, #3, #5, #6, #7! oh wait, these are, in some locales already state statutory mandates as well as federal mandates. So i guess the trauma group also needs a knowledge lesson on statutory mandates or perhaps they just wanted to hop on the anti gun publiciy bandwagon?

Fourth, #2 & #4 and not clear.

What is "high-volume ammunition?" Would that be ammo that makes a lot of noise when fired? If noise is a problem, then let's get that bill passed to take suppressors off the NFA list...

The AMA needs to stick to health care not politics. Their membership has fallen dramatically since the shift in that direction. I wonder what the victims of knife attacks and blunt force trauma look like to these esteemed professionals. Those two methods of killing appear in ERs with far greater frequency than gunshot victims. Do you suppose they have an answer for that?

New Resource Reviews

Back Top