JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I recently had a friend go on a spree of trying to buy these ruger 10/22 mags. I believe they where made for 3 or 4 years and ended up being discontinued due to the recivers cracking. Ruger would have you send your gun in cracked or not and they would replace it with a ruger of your choice. So I don't think there are many left out there and definitely not alot of new old stock....so his idea is that they are gonna be very collectable, you can already find ridiculous prices on gunjoker. So love? Hate? Collectable? Maybe a ruger expert out there can educate me a little more

I have the baby brother, 10-22 and the big brother .44 mag.
Never found good enough reviews for the .22 mag that I wanted the full set. I shoot my Remington 24 a Browning clone SA 22 more than I shoot the 10-22 any more.

I have the baby brother, 10-22 and the big brother .44 mag.
Never found good enough reviews for the .22 mag that I wanted the full set. I shoot my Remington 24 a Browning clone SA 22 more than I shoot the 10-22 any more.
We have a set of the 22/44 that are suppressed for work guns. I was not impressed with them at all....I didn't test a bunch of different ammo but what I had the accuracy was terrible. I went back to my bolt 308 for bigger animal projects. There is just no way I could justify the prices the 10/22 mags are bringing these days when there are so.many better options out there

The 10/22 style receiver was never known for it's strength. T/C improved it by adding a hole at the back for cleaning.
Great for convenience, not helping address strength. Does 22LR need more, probably not.
22 Mag however isn't so easy. Both Ruger and Savage struggled with their semiauto 22 Mag rifles.

I felt bolt action was a better way to go 1) ammo isn't exactly cheap 2) there always seems to be a hot round or two in every box.

22 Mag pistols seem to have it figured out or their owner's complaints aren't enough to raise concern.
A threaded 22Mag high capacity pistol would be handy to have at varmint hunts.

The 10/22 style receiver was never known for it's strength. T/C improved it by adding a hole at the back for cleaning.
Great for convenience, not helping address strength. Does 22LR need more, probably not.
22 Mag however isn't so easy. Both Ruger and Savage struggled with their semiauto 22 Mag rifles.

I felt bolt action was a better way to go 1) ammo isn't exactly cheap 2) there always seems to be a hot round or two in every box.

22 Mag pistols seem to have it figured out or their owner's complaints aren't enough to raise concern.
A threaded 22Mag high capacity pistol would be handy to have at varmint hunts.
Ammo has concerned me since I had a 22 mag suppressor blow up(it was on a bolt gun)....not sure it had anything to do with ammo but the gun was put in the safe and hasn't been shot since.

Screenshot_20230409_121926_Gallery.jpg

Regarding the trajectory chart... This is a great comparison.
Depending on what you are hunting, the energy portion of the equation is also a factor.
In addition to energy, there are a couple of other bullet weights that are worth considering.

For 22Mag, I have had success with 30gr tipped and most of my 17HMR is 17gr not 20gr.
Can't seem to find deals on 17HMR in 20gr as often as 17gr. Same is true for the 22Mag in 30gr,

New Resource Reviews

Back Top