JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The sad state of affairs is there are already statutory criteria across this country's states for those who present themselves with mental health to be detained for a minimum of 72 hours, but and here his the crux of problem ~ it is based on a MH professional's determination not a law enforcement representative.

A quick review:
1. how many times was Cruz visited by Law Enforcement who did nothing?
2. how many schools was Cruz thrown out of, yet schools did nothing?
3. after the death of Cruz's caregiver, why didn't the individual providing his living environment do nothing?

Now substitute the name Lanza, oh wait, should that be Roof, or perhaps Holmes (seen by University counselor but told by university mgmt she could not report him to local authorities), oh dear Cho (seen by counselor(s), or Kelly.

I personally know MH professionals who have called the authorities, waited, then watched as their client is taken away to a hospital for evaluation...done in some cases on the presentation of their credentials, sometimes a business card.

I have no problem with red flag involuntary commitment as long it is done by a MH professionals and if, if those accomplishing the evaluations determine an individual has mental health issues, then and only then should the judicial body order the kind Law Enforcement agents to temporarily take the individual's firearms or give them to a relative until such time as the individual is adjudicated to be of sound mind.

I can't wait for these folks to find a way to keep murderers from killing with another law. No point in arresting known felons who continually fill out form 4473 right? I mean why bother enforcing existing laws that are never enforced when instead we can just cr ap on the Constitution and Bill of Rights some more...

New Resource Reviews

Back Top