JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Governor Hairdo has signed yet another idiotic law in the Granola State. This one allows people who claim to have been injured by "gun violence" to sue the manufacturers of the firearm allegedly used to perpetrate that violence. The law is a crude attempt to force gunmakers out of business, assumably nationwide.

My question is: "I got rip-roarin' drunk at home. I drove my Toyota Prius to work, still sloshed up to my eyeballs. I ran a red light and killed a pedestrian. Can I sue Jim Beam for making a whiskey that I just love drinking to excess?"

Can I sue Jim Beam for making a whiskey that I just love drinking to excess?"
Can I sue the refinery that made the gasoline I burned to get to where I ran over the pedestrian? Can I sue the filling station where I bought the gas for selling me the gas that got my car to where I ran over the pedestrian? Can I sue Toyota for manufacturing the Prius I drove through the red light and there perpetrated the death of the pedestrian?

You see how asinine is this new law? Under this law, everybody in the chain of events is liable save for the batsard whom actually used the firearm to commit "gun violence." This is just another example of brain-damaged liberals forever blaming someone else-- or someTHING else-- for what they themselves have done. Firearms do not choose their targets nor squeeze their own triggers, but liberals in Kalifonia would argue against such facts.

Governor Hairdo has signed yet another idiotic law in the Granola State. This one allows people who claim to have been injured by "gun violence" to sue the manufacturers of the firearm allegedly used to perpetrate that violence. The law is a crude attempt to force gunmakers out of business, assumably nationwide.

My question is: "I got rip-roarin' drunk at home. I drove my Toyota Prius to work, still sloshed up to my eyeballs. I ran a red light and killed a pedestrian. Can I sue Jim Beam for making a whiskey that I just love drinking to excess?"

You posted in the New Member Introductions section? Are you SURE you want to sue Jim Beam?

;):D

It is so easy for the idiots to blame a device, a machined hunk of metal than it is to take on the real problems. Like the parents who teach their young that is it OK to argue with the police or run away.

I sincerely do not understand that point of view. Of course I was raised by a District Judge who held LT Colonel rank in JAG (ARMY). If I was wrong it was my problem, however if you were wrong about me, god help you.

You posted in the New Member Introductions section? Are you SURE you want to sue Jim Beam?

;):D
I saw that after I'd finished my screed and sent the post. If the mods want to move it to Off-Topic, that's perfectly fine with me.

Governor Hair Gel's new law has zero to do with whatever the author says it does. It's nothing but a backdoor effort to drive gunmakers out of Kalifonia and to drive gunmakers out of business nationally. How would a jury decide how much money to award to the parents of a violent Young Black Male who was shot and killed while robbing a liquor store-- with a firearm? The YBM was obviously violating the law, and the store clerk shot the batsard before the batsard shot him. In the addled minds of the exalted few who promulgate laws in Kalifonia the store clerk committed a crime, and the maker of his gun has to pay for that crime. Those of us possessed of common intelligence have to ask ourselves just how deeply into their collective rectum are shoved the heads of these lawmakers. I'm reminded of the bogida clerk in New York City who killed the extremely violent YBM in his $300 t-shirt. The clerk defended his life-- and now he's the criminal.

Back to me killing a pedestrian in my Toyota Prius. Can the autoworkers who assembled the car from its various parts be sued because had they not assembled it, I'd have not blown through that red light and killed the pedestrian?

We could go on with oodles more of these hypothetical transferring of blame for what an irresponsible person does. But that's the root of the question: Who is responsible for aberrant behavior? Is it the manufacturer of a machine that does only what a man tells it to do? Or is it the manufacturer of the machine used illegally by people with no regard nor respect for other people?

It is so easy for the idiots to blame a device, a machined hunk of metal, than it is to take on the real problems.
That's because no one is going to stand-up and defend that piece of machined steel. So many people are needlessly scared of guns based solely upon what the Criminal Left Media reports about what type of weapon was used in the latest "mass shooting." Referring to AR-type rifles as "high-powered weapons of war on our streets" makes those of us who know a few tiny details about AR-type rifles just spit and offer a few words to no one there about how exponentially-ignorant are these rectal orifices regarding any sort of firearm. If an AR-type rifle is so dangerous that only the military and police should have them, what about a 6.5mm bolt-action target rifle that can drill a tangerine from 1500 yards? Is that a "dangerous weapon?" Or is the man behind it the "dangerous weapon?"

You bring up a good point about the 6.5 bolt action. Not sure about this but I doubt you can pick one of those up for a grand. Criminals have black guns because they are cheap and then there is the economy of scale, ( they can own more of them)

You bring up a good point about the 6.5 bolt action. Not sure about this but I doubt you can pick one of those up for a grand. Criminals have black guns because they are cheap and then there is the economy of scale (they can own more of them).
The 6.5mm target rifle swimming around in my head will be around $3500 for the rifle, and about $3800 for the Nightforce scope. A garden variety AR is less than $1000. But my rifle doesn't look so scary, even though it can send a bullet 1500 yards versus an AR's 500 to 600. It ain't the looks of the gun, Chucky. It's the skill and intent of the user. That's what the liberals ignore.

I have the action. It's a Zermatt Arms TL-3 in stainless with lefthand bolt and righthand ejection. I had it made with righthand ejection so I can see what I'm doing when loading it. It was $1400 but it's just gorgeous...

In actuality, the corrupt government forces, promotes and wants us to lean on them for everything.
They get some addicted to gambling, and sadly drunks etc.

DO NOT TRUST THE GOVERNMENT ONE BIT......................

New Resource Reviews

Back Top