JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Picked up this very nice pre-ban Colt Sporter Match HBAR today.

PXL_20230702_021157869.jpg

I can readily see the provision for a 500-bullet clip (as had the rifle of Kyle Rittenhouse), but I'm unsure yours has an A2 "birdcage" silencer on it. Kind o' hard to see. If your smokepole does have the A2 silencer, you'll have to license the silencer with ATF.

Why? Because the A2 "birdcage" silencer is so effective, a round could be loosed within a small room in which a toddler is sleeping-- and the little guy would not be awakened. Yes; it's that good. I know this is true. David Hogg told me so-- and he's a firearms expert, donch'a know...

I picked up one like that back in '87 when I was in Germany, but mine has the A1 rear sight (I guess the Canadians used that config called the C7). Note the "old school" slab-side receiver with no fencing around the mag-release button, the non reinforced front take-down holes and buffer tube ring at the rear.

Nice score, I shudder to think what it cost you!

Note the "old school" slab-side receiver with no fencing around the mag-release button, the non-reinforced front take-down holes and buffer tube ring at the rear.
I bought my first AR, an SP-1 Sporter, in April 1983. Mine also lacked the raised edge around the clip-releaser thingy doo-dad. Didn't have a forward assist, either. Being green as onions when it came to ARs, I didn't know a dam-ned thing about them beyond the fact that I wanted to own one. It's been forty years since the purchase, and I do not remember why I wanted one. I had no idea who was Dianne Feinswine nor Chucky Bullschumer. I learned that once I began receiving the monthly NRA magazine.

I sold the SP-1 and my sixteen-inch Thompson to a farm & ranch store toward the end of Summer '85. I worked hard and earned enough money to buy a schiffload of Nikon and Nikon-compatible photographic equipment. I do not remember how much I paid for all the stuff I bought (maybe as much as $3000 in 1985 dollars) but I can tell you with certainty in this day and age, that everything I bought is exponentially-obsolete. My camera today is a Canon SX50 HS. I'd be beyond satisfied with it if the flash worked...

I picked up one like that back in '87 when I was in Germany, but mine has the A1 rear sight (I guess the Canadians used that config called the C7). Note the "old school" slab-side receiver with no fencing around the mag-release button, the non reinforced front take-down holes and buffer tube ring at the rear.

Nice score, I shudder to think what it cost you!
It's for sale, if you're interested.

It's for sale, if you're interested.
Appreciate the offer but I'm in Oregon (don't wanna hassle with interstate transfers), and I already own >50 firearms (8 of which are AR variants and 5 are AK variants). I (sadly) don't even have time to enjoy most of what I already own…. the kingdom running the King, ATM!

You shouldn't have any problem selling that piece!

Appreciate the offer but I'm in Oregon (don't wanna hassle with interstate transfers), and I already own >50 firearms (8 of which are AR variants and 5 are AK variants). I (sadly) don't even have time to enjoy most of what I already own…. the kingdom running the King, ATM!

You shouldn't have any problem selling that piece!
Your stamina is praiseworthy. How anyone can still live on the west coast blows my mind.

How anyone can still live on the West Coast blows my mind.
Is Nevada "West Coast?" True, we are landlocked-- but we do have a common border with Kalifonia. Our automobile insurance rates are keyed to the rates in the Land of Fruits, Nuts and Flakes. Or so I was told by my brick-and-mortar insurance agent before I began to buy it on-line.

I live in Nevada because of the endless open areas for shooting. The humidity here is far lower than it is from where I came in Virginia in Fall 2004. I'm a fat hog, being nearly a hundred pounds overweight, so low humidity is massively important to me. No State income tax. 300 days of sunshine. Lastly, a feeling of "Liberty" that I never felt on the East Coast. When I drive my Class 8 truck into Kalifonia, I do feel that I need to very closely mind my Ps and Qs with respect to their moronic traffic laws. I always feel a great weight removed from my shoulders when I cross out of Kalifonia and back into a State that believes I can safely operate a truck at a speed higher than 55 mph.

I read a question on quora.com asking why Kalifonia is so screwed-up with so many laws, making just about everything illegal. I responded that liberalism believes anything can be made illegal if the safety, health and welfare of people has to be protected. Under that premise, we could eventually believe that liberals will eventually outlaw death because death is not conducive to maintain a life of good health, safety and welfare. Crazy, yes. But can't you just imagine Gavinito Newsolini signing the bill into law?

Last Edited:
Is Nevada "West Coast?" True, we are landlocked-- but we do have a common border with Kalifonia. Our automobile insurance rates are keyed to the rates in the Land of Fruits, Nuts and Flakes. Or so I was told by my brick-and-mortar insurance agent before I began to buy it on-line.

I live in Nevada because of the endless open areas for shooting. The humidity here is far lower than it is from where I came in Virginia in Fall 2004. I'm a fat hog, being nearly a hundred pounds overweight, so low humidity is massively important to me. No State income tax. 300 days of sunshine. Lastly, a feeling of "Liberty" that I never felt on the East Coast. When I drive my Class 8 truck into Kalifonia, I do feel that I need to very closely mind my Ps and Qs with respect to their moronic traffic laws. I always feel a great weight removed from my shoulders when I cross out of Kalifonia and back into a State that believes I can safely operate a truck at a speed higher than 55 mph.

I read a question on quora.com asking why Kalifonia is so screwed-up with so many laws, making just about everything illegal. I responded that liberalism believes anything can be made illegal if the safety, health and welfare of people has to be protected. Under that premise, we could eventually believe that liberals will eventually outlaw death because death is not conducive to maintain a life of good health, safety and welfare. Crazy, yes. But can't you just imagine Gavinito Newsolini signing the bill into law?
Unless there's a substantial (and needed) major earthquake, I do not consider Nevada 'west coast.' Unfortunately, as you rightfully quote, Nevada has suffered much because of its proximity to Kalifornia.

Lived in Reno for 12 years. Left in 2004.

New Resource Reviews

Back Top