JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Arizona is a Constitutional Carry state. You can open carry or concealed carry without any permit. (This was as of the last time I checked). For myself and my wife the CCW permit allows you to purchase a firearm with out going through the wait for approval. Do the paperwork pay for the firearm and walk out the door.

Mike

When purchasing a firearm from an FFL holder, the NICS check only takes a few minutes, so not much time saved there with permit.

Main reason I keep mine is for reciprocity with other states and that I can legally carry concealed with my permit, in places where non-permit concealed carry is prohibited. (i.e. establishments who are licensed to serve alcohol)

NOTE: You can only lawfully carry concealed in AZ without a permit, where you can lawfully carry open.

Arizona is a Constitutional Carry state. You can open carry or concealed carry without any permit. (This was as of the last time I checked). For myself and my wife the CCW permit allows you to purchase a firearm with out going through the wait for approval. Do the paperwork pay for the firearm and walk out the door.

Mike
This 👆
When purchasing a firearm from an FFL holder, the NICS check only takes a few minutes, so not much time saved there with permit.

Main reason I keep mine is for reciprocity with other states and that I can legally carry concealed with my permit, in places where non-permit concealed carry is prohibited. (i.e. establishments who are licensed to serve alcohol)

NOTE: You can only lawfully carry concealed in AZ without a permit, where you can lawfully carry open.
and This 👆

And... My FFL gives me a 50% discount on transfer fees when using my AZ CHL because it saves him time.

I believe it is now 35 or 36 other states accept the AZ CCW as legal carry permit. (Again it's been a while since I last checked this.)

Mike

1711813001594.png

New Resource Reviews

Back Top