JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I hope you get there and accurately expend every round you brought. Do it for us who 1) can't get to our local ranges and 2) can't hit a dam-ned thing...

One rifle going with me. Four of us are going to test the limits on steel and see how far we can stretch it. I will post video's and hopefully you guys will be able to hear the steel since I shoot suppressed. That is if I can hit the damn target :s0112:

I may be talkin' out of school here, but I've read the Russian bullet is "backweighted," meaning it has a void behind the tip. When it hits a soft target the rear end tumbles forward, and there is massive tissue damage. It is not a hollow-point, which are illegal under the Geneva Convention. Seems the Russkis figgered-out a way to get hollow-point damage while adhering to international law. Them batsards are pretty smart...
It looks a bit strange but as many Afgans found out (and you said) it surpassed our M193 ammo from Nam. The fact they are making 6.5 Grendel ammo and bullets with the same design (sometimes on sale for under $5 a box) made me build a 12-inch pistol for it.

5.45x39 Detailed.jpg

5.45x39.jpg

The 7N6 is a mean-lookin' bullet. The aspect ratio of it says it will do a great deal of damage, as it cuts long slices into flesh and internal organs when it tumbles. I doubt the pro-tyranny Party in our Congress would let our military design and implement such a bullet for American defense purposes. To those people, America's enemies are of greater human value than are our American sons and daughters...

My first AR-15 is a S&W M&P15R in 5.45x39mm. I purposely bought one 2008 because of how cheap 7N6 was before the import ban. I still have quite a bit of it. 7N6 is my anti-road piracy round. Think of being a road piracy as the criminal conspiracy revolving around Breakdown (1997).

In a road piracy situation, you want to stop the road pirate vehicles and get out of dodge to safety. The optimal place to be a victim of road piracy is a rural area with bad or no mobile service as you can't call 911. Even if you do get a hold of 911 out in the middle of BFE where hearing dueling banjos in the wind isn't uncommon, it will take time that you do not have for first responders to get to you.

Jordan Valley, Oregon? Small town with NO cell service...
Sounds like the perfect place for 6.5 Grendel with the "Posin Bullet". I carry a SPOT ( and an AR10 in a pack) on my travels as I take lots of back roads across the continent to and from Delta Junction Alaska, the East Coast, and Arizona for emergency comms. Being authorized a pistol Nationwide helps with the 6.5 Grendel and 7.62 x 39 a pistol for me. Canada just the AR-10, 12 GA, and WW Co-Pilot.

Jordan Valley, Oregon? Small town with NO cell service...
When I renewed my Grant County Oregon CHL last year, I ended up driving up and down NV-396 through Austin NV and ironically also through Jordan Valley OR on the way back. I've driven to Lake Tahoe via Rachel NV; between Rachel and until you get to about Warm Springs, there's no sat radio service. I suspect GPS and sat phones wouldn't work either. It appears Area 51 blocks sat signals.

If you venture off an interstate, chances are you will lack mobile device service. I have a pair of handheld CBs with external magnetic mount antennas for those road trips through BFE.

New Resource Reviews

Back Top