JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
As you know, the Goldwater Institute is representing plaintiffs AzCDL and AzCDL member Christopher King in a lawsuit against the Pima County board of supervisors over county ordinance 2024-002 which imposes a $1,000 fine for failure to report a lost or stolen firearm to law enforcement within 48 hours. The ordinance violates provisions of ARS § 13-3108 which prohibit the state's political subdivisions from imposing rules or regulations more restrictive than those specified in state law. In this case, the $1,000 fine exceeds the state penalty (since there isn't one!), violating ARS § 13-3108(D).

AzCDL worked hard to implement Arizona's firearms preemption laws to prevent a patchwork of disparate laws across the state, and now it is time to defend them against such blatant violations. The county claims the ordinance will reduce so-called "straw purchases" but all it really does is harass otherwise law-abiding firearms owners and may well turn some of them into unwitting criminals.

Click here to follow the case on the Goldwater Institute's case page. https://www.votervoice.net/BroadcastLinks/YrrdLvC4_Fw96XrE_RL64Q

Your support makes our work at the legislature and in the courts possible. If you are not a member of AzCDL please consider joining at the link below. If you are already a member and would like to further support our mission , you can make a donation on the AzCDL website https://www.votervoice.net/BroadcastLinks/zlOG9C2OU7axZ4HtJMCJTQ

I have posted this on several local shooting forums and I find it really funny, I got several private messages asking me where this law is. Residents of Tucson, AZ, in Pima county didn't even know this was happening. I push them to join AZCDL because we were all warned early and knew about the suit when Pima county proceeded.

Another thing Arizona shooters don't know is that the City of Phoenix broke a state firearms law. Everybody in government knows about it and agrees the broke the law. It was turned over to our democrat Attorney General, and just like Hunter's laptop and Hillary's mobile phone, nobody is doing anything.

Get involved or lose our rights. Simple as that.

Last Edited:

New Resource Reviews

Back Top