JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Some of you may have heard about the fellow in Florida who called in a suspicious person and later shot him. I'm not defending him, but I've noticed that a lot of the coverage seems to be missing some important details. Most of the bigger news organizations are predictably trying to paint the shooter as a vigilante who gunned a squeaky clean, innocent young kid down in cold blood on a sidewalk. They may be just slightly off on that.
The pictures in the news of the kid who was shot are from when he was 13. He was 17 at the time of the incident, 6'3" tall, and a highschool athlete. He was on a 10 day suspension from school, visiting a relative for "guidance". On his facebook page, there are pictures of him making gang signs. Zimmerman was beaten on the face, had blood on his face and the back of his head, had a torn shirt, his back was wet, and he was covered with grass. This is consistent with the stories of two witnesses who said that they saw a person matching Zimmerman's description on his back, on the ground, being beaten and screaming for help. Neither witness actually saw the shooting, which occurred shortly after the screams. Zimmerman said he was returning to his vehicle when he was attacked.
None of this means that Zimmerman is totally innocent, but it certainly gives pause for thought.

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/new...led-in-neighborhood-altercation#ixzz1pQ0Xgz9R

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...-letter-unarmed-black-teenager?pagewanted=all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=zEDBqvEauYU

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/03/20/911-calls-paint-picture-of-chaos-after-florida-teen-is-shot/

http://backwoodshome.com/blogs/MassadAyoob/

I agree, it's difficult for me to bite my tongue when many of my friends on Facebook are wearing hoodies in support of Trayvon when honestly the truth hasn't come out yet. It's wrong for us to assume we know what happened, and it's completely unethical of the media to try to paint the event in one light or another.

This whole case is a huge mess, and it's one that everyone involved is going to end up looking like a fool. I bet all the people running around wearing hoodies "in support" of martin could not articulate what they are actually supporting. At the same time, the shooter was a clown, and is absolutely the wrong person to be a poster boy for self defense. This guy broke several cardinal rules of self defense, which precipitated the shooting.

Zimmerman should be tried for manslaughter, and should not be afforded the protection of Florida's Self defense laws, which don't apply in this case.

If this thing ever goes to trial, they're going to have a tough time trying to convict this guy based on the fact they took so long to charge him. Especially after all of the racial pressure that has been put on the prosecutor. Legal common sense dictates if this guy did something wrong, the police would, and should have charged him. They didn't. Now if they come back almost 2 months later and file charges, a good defense attorney will have a field day with it. If they couldn't convict Casey Anthony does anyone really think they'll convict this guy? Based on what? The public wants a conviction because they "think" he's a "racist"??

I don't know what happened, and neither does anyone else. But you can't arrest anyone without probable cause. If the cops didn't have any 2 months ago, why would they have any now? Evidence doesn't take time to "grow". It's either there or it isn't. Wild claims about this guy, or the cops being "racist" can't be proven, and hearsay is not evidence. All this will become is a big media circus that will cost the taxpayers millions. The media will feed off of it for months. That guy had injuries from what happened to him. Everything else is speculation.

I hear you. To be fair, known evidence does grow, and it can take time to develop it. I'm also under the impression that it is not unusual for it to take weeks or months to accrue enough evidence to arrest on a specific charge. And that they like to be very sure they have everything they need before they move on it. I'm no expert on that stuff, though.

Also, unfortunately he has apparently dropped out of sight, and possibly left the state. His attorneys have not heard from him and have quit. On the surface, that doesn't sound very smart of him. Not that I blame him for being frightened, with the death threats and all. I'm also concerned about what's going to happen if some of the folks making those threats don't like the outcome of the trial. Bumpy ride ahead, as you noted.

They're going to charge him with second degree murder. Good luck. Florida couldn't convict Casey Anthony. So now almost 2 months after the fact, they'll take a stab at this guy in an attempt to calm the helpless villagers, so they will stop screaming into their microphones. They better hire Ringling Bros. to manage the whole fiasco.​

Yup, he just turned himself in. The kid's family is being pretty classy about it too - good for them. Maybe this can settle down for a while.

Oh, my. Check out what Ogletree has been up to:
"I want to see the first black man who uses the 'stand your ground' defense and see if it works. I want to see the first white victim of 'stand your ground' by a black defendant and see if it works."

Except that there are plenty of examples. If he were even remotely familiar with this law, you'd think he'd know that.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Govern...unks-Criminal-Law-at-Sharpton-Hate-Convention

A law professor, and he doesn't even have the sense to get his facts straight before he shoot his mouth off. Biased much?

I know exactly how this thing is going to play out at this point... They're going to try him for murder 2, not manslaughter, he's going to get off, and there are going to be race riots in south florida.

In the mean time, the martin family is in DC telling people how bad "stand your ground" laws are, when it has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS CASE!

I remember a while ago Rush Limbaugh was having one of his monologues, and made a very good point about the world view of liberals (such as the justice brothers) "Nothing is a surprise, but everything is an outrage".

Someone from the police department apparently mentioned SYG once. I guess that's all it took. Once again, all of the protests are centered around misinformation from the press. The press are slow to correct misstatements if they bother at all. The discussion is never about the facts, always about politics and hatred. Political activists fan the flames while they dance in the blood of the fallen. And so the circus continues. Who'da thunk?

I think there is more evidence one way or another than the authorities are revealing right now. I'm not saying it's clear exactly what happened, but I don't think it can possibly be that much of a mystery with modern forensic science.

I know exactly how this thing is going to play out at this point... They're going to try him for murder 2, not manslaughter, he's going to get off, and there are going to be race riots in south florida.

I'm legitimately worried about race riots not only in South Florida but other parts of the country as well. Enough to make you think twice about carrying everywhere, in case you didn't before.

Bloomberg is the worst kind of politician, in the game only for himself and to govern based on him knowing what's best for everyone else. There are many like him on both sides of the aisle.

They are now saying his on line donations have skyrocketed since they revoked his bail. So he had more money than first thought. I'm not seeing how that makes him any more or less of a flight risk? The guys bail should be set based upon the risk factor that they think he'll run. He has NEVER exhibited anything but cooperation. Whatever money he might have now will completely dissappear before this is over. His lawyer bills will be close to, if not over a million dollars. Even if he gets off his life will be financially destroyed. No one will hire him, and he'll be in constant danger.

Yeah, I don't really understand. He's being treated the same as if he weren't cooperative at all. I'm very happy he was able to leverage the internet to collect funds for his defense. It's going to be a big relief, one way or another, once the facts come out in this case (if they ever do).

My understanding is that he had his wife lie to the prosecutor about how much money they had while bail was being set. This is not going to help his credibility.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top